Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright BoJo, whether you're ready or not, here they come.

I'm going to post these in sequence so I can explain each one. I don't have the skilz to post them all in one spot with inline text, so gimme a bit to get them all uploaded.

First shot is of course, Tha Man himself: Bocephus, working the ShotSki (tm). I'll leave it to him to explain the purpose of this thing.

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
general debauchery

This photo serves no particular purpose except to explain the theme and general vibe of SkiJam.

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
snowbike

The participants for SkiJam 06 included the Cruzers (Thursday night Cruzer fest) and the Burners (Burningman type weirdos). I believe this guy belongs to both crowds. I'll spare you the frontal pics I shot of him, as he's got some pretty serious package action going on.

Note the look of abject terror on the snowboarder he's aimed at.

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yours truly

Random people kept stealing my camera and shooting pictures of me in compromising situations. I swear upon my life, I haven't the foggiest clue who this man is. He was extremely friendly and very drunk, though.

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
call the exterminator!

I discovered that the gentleman inside this caterpillar suit had by far the hottest bod at SkiJam. He also happens to be married, extremely uninhibited, an expert skier and was one of the least inebriated people in attendance. I found all this out because immediately after he pulled up in front of me and removed his skis and the caterpillar suit, he then proceeded to strip down to his skivvies, sat on my lap (?!) and interrogated me closely for the next twenty minutes as to my locale, age, marital status, *ahem* 'preferences' and whether or no I'd be going to more Cruzer rides. He then made mention of several 'eligible' fellows and said he'd 'keep his eye out', whatever that means. He was not kidding around.

I've had many notable experiences at parties during my lifetime but this was the first time I've had someone else's mad hot husband sat in my lap playing matchmaker.

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
arrr! thar be pirates!

This one's pretty self-explanatory. Prepare to be boarded and sunk, mateys!

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DJ Earth

This was the emcee / head DJ for the festivities. Not only does he play incredibly good music, but he's easily the tallest guy I've ever seen... even without the elevator boots!

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cruisin & boozin

This is what remains of a Very. Large. Mimosa. I guess the idea was this character decided he was only going to have ONE drink for the day.

Whatever. That's BoJo tending bar in the background.

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Happy Thursday!

Happy Thursday is the warcry of the Cruzer mob as they roll drunkenly thru the back streets and alleys of central Boulder.

Sorry guys, she's taken. Oh and check out the shagadelic snowboard. It's fully functional!

That's all for now. Enjoy!

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
lonefrontranger said:
I discovered that the gentleman inside this caterpillar suit had by far the hottest bod at SkiJam. He also happens to be married, extremely uninhibited, an expert skier and was one of the least inebriated people in attendance. I found all this out because immediately after he pulled up in front of me and removed his skis and the caterpillar suit, he then proceeded to strip down to his skivvies, sat on my lap (?!) and interrogated me closely for the next twenty minutes as to my locale, age, marital status, *ahem* 'preferences' and whether or no I'd be going to more Cruzer rides. He then made mention of several 'eligible' fellows and said he'd 'keep his eye out', whatever that means. He was not kidding around.

I've had many notable experiences at parties during my lifetime but this was the first time I've had someone else's mad hot husband sat in my lap playing matchmaker.
Yep...that's Mo...he's moving down south soon. I think he is both Burner and Cruiser. Did you get to see his leg tattoos? Pretty cool.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
couple other pix I stole from someone else's site of the jam...shotski in action and the other DJ called Milkman--guess he's big in Burningman circles--something about Djing the Pink ***** Palace--whatever that is :eek: ...Coop probably knows.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Yeah but LFR, where's the cute one who invited you?

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Nice shots. We were hanging out with one of the founders of the Pink ###### Palace last night, she's also Mrs. Mega Volt, a former pink jello wrestler, a Flaming Lotus Girl, and co-mayor of Illumination Village with my wife and I... Small world.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
thinkcooper said:
Nice shots. We were hanging out with one of the founders of the Pink ###### Palace last night, she's also Mrs. Mega Volt, a former pink jello wrestler, a Flaming Lotus Girl, and co-mayor of Illumination Village with my wife and I... Small world.
I figgered you'd have heard of that place...he spun some killer tunes..I think even ATP would have liked it. Got the bootys shakin anyway.

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
If I could get an explanation of skijam in general... this thing looks like a hoot. Man, I wish we had things like this in the flatlands of the nondescript midwest that didn't include camaros or corn dogs..... (sigh)

Thanks LFR.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
I need to move to Boulder.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Nice shots LFR, looks like you guys had a blast. Nice to see the guy on the bike getting an early start to the cycling season.
Cheers, Wayne

1 - 20 of 67 Posts