Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
δanned
7,006 Posts
My only beef with Boyd's carbon clinchers is that they're a tad on the heavy side. The 60mm ones are 1680g/pair, and the 44mm ones are 1580g/pair.

·
Hanging 10 bra
1,125 Posts
I have 8 sets of Boyd wheels and have never had any issues with them at all. Now, mine are the older models, so I cant chime in with the new build, but they look pretty freakin awesome! If you got any questions, give them a call, as they would be happy to talk to you about the design and how it works. Also purchasing the larger spoke count wheels will help with larger than normal riders.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
8 sets - are you running neutral support for races?

I have 8 sets of Boyd wheels and have never had any issues with them at all. Now, mine are the older models, so I cant chime in with the new build, but they look pretty freakin awesome! If you got any questions, give them a call, as they would be happy to talk to you about the design and how it works. Also purchasing the larger spoke count wheels will help with larger than normal riders.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Call/ E-mail BOYD himself. I had a 19 E-mail correspondence before I made my purchase, he replied at all hours of the night and even on Sunday. Awesome guy, great product, awesome service. I have the old 38mm Clinchers, and I would go deeper on the new ones if I had the need.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know I'm a little late! But these are great wheels for the price point. I have two sets of boyd wheels. One set is the 60 clincher in a 24f 28r combo. Absolutely amazing! Fast, hold speed very well and smooth. I have used these for crits, road races, group rides and even a 145 mile adventure with 25 miles of pot hole gravel roads. They have only been trued once and that was following the gravel ride. Oh and I'm 6,3 250 lbs :)
My other set of Boyd's is an older model 38 tubular. These are great as well. I only ride these in hilly races and the occasional training ride before a race. These are the 20f 24 rear combo and I haven't had an issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.