1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I'm surprised Sky is looking at Landa.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I think furnaca68 means as in "meant for a different forum" type of argument about Landa's sudden ability to outclimb Contador.

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,231 Posts
Supposedly the scuttlebutt this morning said that Landa has a handshake agreement with Movistar, Porte will go to BMC and Kwiatko wants to stay with Etixx desperately.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Porte really needs to move to a team where he can be number 1 protected rider for the TDF. He is now 30, so he either does it now or stays a domestique forever.

I'm surprised he's looking at BMC. I thought OGE would be after him. Maybe this rumour is meant as a subtle message to Tejay. Either perform this year or we look for someone else.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
yeah, BMC desperately needs to find another rider who can consistently finish 4th in a grand tour.
Oh wait, except Porte has actually never finished better than 7th. That was his first Grand Tour and also the only top-10 finish. That was also way back in 2010. Next year he will be 31 years old and its going to be all downhill for Ritchie. He could be a decent domestique to VanGarderen though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
yeah, BMC desperately needs to find another rider who can consistently finish 4th in a grand tour.
Oh wait, except Porte has actually never finished better than 7th. That was his first Grand Tour and also the only top-10 finish. That was also way back in 2010. Next year he will be 31 years old and its going to be all downhill for Ritchie. He could be a decent domestique to VanGarderen though.
I'm sure you were saying the same kind of stuff about Evans, then he wins his first GT at aged 34. Then of course there's Horner who was 40. Whatever you think, Porte won't go to BMC just to be a domestique to TJ.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts