Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all im new here. Anyways, i've been looking to upgrade my rims eventually and on certain website I see blah-blah SL or blah-blah Areo (where blah-blah is company/model). Can anyone tell me what the difference is? I would assume SL stands for superlight, but thats probably wrong? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
21,526 Posts
It's easy

CC09 said:
Hey all im new here. Anyways, i've been looking to upgrade my rims eventually and on certain website I see blah-blah SL or blah-blah Areo (where blah-blah is company/model). Can anyone tell me what the difference is? I would assume SL stands for superlight, but thats probably wrong? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
It's the same as the GT, i, RS, L, SLE, SLX, etc. designations for cars. Absolutely meaningless. You can extrapolate nothing from the title of a product. You have to be specific about the brands and models you're comparing.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I guess. I was just looking at the nuevation wheels, the R28 SL and Aero.....I was wondering if there was anything different fundamentally in the two other than the spokes....

·
Registered
21,526 Posts
Reading comprehension

CC09 said:
Thanks I guess. I was just looking at the nuevation wheels, the R28 SL and Aero.....I was wondering if there was anything different fundamentally in the two other than the spokes....
Direct quote from the Neuvation web site: "They’re the same as the R 28 Aero’s except they use a lighter triple-butted spoke." That seems to answer the question.

·
Registered
456 Posts
CC09 said:
Good thing you clarified, because my first impression on your original question was that you were referring to the Trek Madone SL vs the "Aero" frame.;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts