Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need some slang words in doping and explanations, for my research, so if anybody can help i will be very grateful

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
neo34 said:
i need some slang words in doping and explanations, for my research, so if anybody can help i will be very grateful
Some that come to mind, IIRC:

Vaughters called EPO "hot sauce"
Musseeuw used "wasps" for some sort of injections.
Everyone seems to call anabolic steroids "the juice".

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
code for describing a rider you suspect of doping: 'he rode like he was on another planet, or, like an extra-terrestrial."

·
Banned
3,254 Posts
"Jacked" was Realgains contribution, here at least anyway. Damn, I miss that guy. What entertainment.

Bro you cannot increase crit with intermittent hypoxic machines. Tuft is either BS-ing about his team mates getting a 50% crit and higher from this machine or he is using the machine as a "cover up" for epo use. Personally I think he is jacked because at his weight there is no way in hell he should beat climbers up decent climbs that weight 30- 40 pounds less than him.

From the Freiburg/Kloden documents we have "luft" which refers to EPO. I think it translates to "air."

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
'where did he get those new legs from' is the sort of thing phil liggett says

·
Registered
778 Posts
"Belgian mix"? As in "He must have gotten his Belgian mix right today."

·
Registered
661 Posts
neo34 said:
'Prepared' is also another widely used term. So too is 'the goods'.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
CoffeeBean2 said:
"Belgian mix"? As in "He must have gotten his Belgian mix right today."
'pot belge' or in English Belgian mix is a mixture of drugs, variously constituted from cocaine, heroin, caffeine, amphetamines, and other analgesics favoured by cyclists. It is used for recreational purposes rather than performance enhancement.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
danielc said:
I hear that a lot or, 'I have a clear conscience'.
I am "tranquillo" or "supermotivated". The latter when one has "prepared" properly but not been caught, the former once caught but for whatever reason still racing.

·
Registered
778 Posts
ewitz said:
'pot belge' or in English Belgian mix is a mixture of drugs, variously constituted from cocaine, heroin, caffeine, amphetamines, and other analgesics favoured by cyclists. It is used for recreational purposes rather than performance enhancement.
Not that wikipedia is always accurate but:

The mixture has become widely associated with the world of cycling where, among amateur participants, its use has been on the increase as both a recreational and a (relatively cheap) performance enhancing drug.

The use of Pot Belge became more widely known during the 2006 Bordeaux-based trial following 2004's "Cahors affair"[1]. Several well-known professional cyclists were mentioned during the testimony of defendants.

·
Banned
3,254 Posts
gizzard said:
'Prepared' is also another widely used term. So too is 'the goods'.
Funny how the most innocuous words can signal nefarious deeds.

"Prepared," I really laughed out loud about that one.

Are you "prepared" for the race?

Yes, my "preparations" went well and I have all the "gear" I'll need!:hand: :lol: :yikes:

That $hit is just too funny!

You can't even have a normal conversation anymore without c0de.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
alexb618 said:
'where did he get those new legs from' is the sort of thing phil liggett says
Stage 9, 2008 TdF - "<Phil> where did he get those new legs from? Its like he got a new set half way up the mountain"

Oh golly, I busted out laughing so hard for two days straight right after that moment.

Ricco = Winnarrr!111

1 - 16 of 16 Posts