Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the Slim Chance I finished today for my girl. Hope she likes it when she comes home tonight and sees this surprise in the living room. It took a while to find all the parts. I also had to polish the frame a bit. A respray would be better, but I didn't find new decals yet. This does the trick well so far!

frame: Slim Chance 52cm 066S22
gruppo: Campagnolo Chorus 10-speed
stem: Nitto Dynamic 8 (8cm)
bars: Nitto M190 Euro 80 (width 38cm)
bar tape: Deda
seat post: Nitto crystal fellow
rims: Campagnolo Omega V
spokes: Sapim DB, alloy nipples
tires: Deda Tre Corsa RS 700x23C
pedals: MKS Campagnolo Record replicas
saddle: Selle Italia SLR gel flow Lady

·
Registered
579 Posts
Lucky girl. Well done, that bike looks like a million bucks. What year was it made?

Really nice looking bike, I'd be proud to turn that over to my wife. Your reward deserves to be frequent and elaborate

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
That's nice

Nice looking build, my size....what's the tubing? TSX?

Spikes said:
Here is the Slim Chance I finished today for my girl. Hope she likes it when she comes home tonight and sees this surprise in the living room. It took a while to find all the parts. I also had to polish the frame a bit. A respray would be better, but I didn't find new decals yet. This does the trick well so far!

frame: Slim Chance 52cm 066S22
gruppo: Campagnolo Chorus 10-speed
stem: Nitto Dynamic 8 (8cm)
bars: Nitto M190 Euro 80 (width 38cm)
bar tape: Deda
seat post: Nitto crystal fellow
rims: Campagnolo Omega V
spokes: Sapim DB, alloy nipples
tires: Deda Tre Corsa RS 700x23C
pedals: MKS Campagnolo Record replicas
saddle: Selle Italia SLR gel flow Lady

·
Diesel Engine
898 Posts
This was one of the frames on my 'short list' back in my early years of serious riding, unfortunately I was a young and poor back then so it just wasn't meant to be and I had to settle with a lugged Centurion Ironman. Fat City made some outstanding frames but a lot of people passed because TIG welding was too "mountain bike" back then.

Absolutely gorgeous build, love the mostly-silver components.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did think about silver levers, but I quite like the fact that the carbon fibre from the rear derailleur comes back in the levers. The handlebar plugs are carbon as well.

The saddle might be shifted too much forward. She has to try to find the right position. I basically copied the settings from her old road bike. The Nitto post matches the stem and bars really well.

And yes: this is Columbus TSX tubing.

Thanks all for the kind remarks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Beautiful bike! You did a really nice job on the build too.

Chris Chance bikes are often overlooked but never disrespected. Your bike brings back great memories for me. My first road bike was a Chris Chance. I traded a Yeti mtb for it in the late 1990's and have loved and added road cycling to my adventures ever since.

Great job on the present for your girl.

·
Registered
16 Posts
FatTireFred said:
it's a shame campy doesn't have any silver levers for you. w/ the seat pushed so far forward you might consider a no-setback post
+1 - Very nice looking bike but I have to agree with Fred, silver levers would round out the bike very nicely. Even with the carbon in the derailleur, the carbon levers just stands out too much for me. But like I said, gorgeous looking bike none the less.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Very nice. I didn't know Fat City made road bikes. It's too bad Chris Chance isn't making bikes anymore. I have read that he is designing garden ornaments for some company along with learning about holistic health.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.