Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I have a Raleigh Airlite 100, I am trying to fix it up to sell it. When under load something is slipping. I have changed the chain, chain rings, rear freewheel hub and i have also checked that the gear cables are not sticking. The rear derailleur is not bent in anyway shape or form.

Does any know what else could cause this problem, it slips in all gears and on both chain rings. Some gears make the slipping worse.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No that's the only thing i have not changed. I have a new cassette here but not the tools to replace it. Now you say it is probably the cassette i will pop it in the bike shop tomorrow and have it changed.

Thank you very much for your help.

·
Registered
21,727 Posts
Hi.

I have a Raleigh Airlite 100, I am trying to fix it up to sell it. When under load something is slipping. I have changed the chain, chain rings, rear freewheel hub and i have also checked that the gear cables are not sticking. The rear derailleur is not bent in anyway shape or form.

Does any know what else could cause this problem, it slips in all gears and on both chain rings. Some gears make the slipping worse.

Thank you.
what tlg said. It is most likely a worn cassette. The way you can tell if it's a worn cassette is if a new chain slips.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.