Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new six13s have a sloping top tube this year. The catalog says the Caad 8 does as well, but I haven't seen one in person and the pictures I've seen don't look any different from the 2005s. Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Funny you should ask...

I just built up a 63 06 CAAD 8, and to me, it appears to have a slight sloping top tube.
I don't have a picture of the bike, but have uploaded a pic of the frame....

GaryJaz said:
The new six13s have a sloping top tube this year. The catalog says the Caad 8 does as well, but I haven't seen one in person and the pictures I've seen don't look any different from the 2005s. Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
197 Posts
One degree makes a big difference...

My new frame is a replacement, for a CAAD 5, and the seat post is exposed more than a centimeter from my old mark on the CAAD 5. They have manipulate the top tubes, so they it hard to tell if you just imagine that it slopes down....

carver said:
Yep, a one deg slope. I just had a 58 built up with record. sweet and fast.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Or is it more

It seems to me that when I was talking to a cannondale rep not long ago he said that for 06 they went to a 3cm slope in the toptube, instead of the 1cm slope on sizes 54 and smaller in the '05 (because the italians liked it that way or some other nonsense). And this seems consistent on my '06 six13 (size 54). I don't know if the caad 8 has the 3cm drop in '06 or not, but since the six13s are made out of caad8 frames, I would assume that they do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts