1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when the Flite titanium first came out i thought it was reeealy comfortable,
so that's what's comfortable to me--i no longer have the seat, so i'm wondering
how the SLR compares? on longer rides i'm getting numbness in the 'soft parts'
so i'm thinking about a change from the ancient Vetta. i'm dubious about the seats with the cutouts? but i dunno never having had one

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,566 Posts
Flite = Tradition + Comfort

In most ways the Flite saddle is just as comfortable as the Flite Gel saddle.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I like my SLR but I'm on my 3rd allready...

kenyonCycleist said:
the flight was never very comfortable for me, but the slr is super good
VERY comfortable saddle but not very durable. The first one developed a crack in the carbon shell. I wore out the paper thin leather cover pretty quickly on the second. I got about 5k miles on each.

But of course everyone knows saddles are gonna feel different from butt to butt ;) .

·
You talking to me?
736 Posts
I've gone from the Flite to the SLR to Aliante. I also use a Flite Gel on one of my bikes. In order of best to worst comfort I would rate as follows: Aliante, Flite, SLR & Flite Gel. The main reason for the Flite Gel being last is all the stitching. I much prefer the smooth finish of the older Flites. I didn't have any issues with the SLR. I just thought the Flite (old smooth version) was more comfortable.

As I am sure you know, saddles are very subjective so take this FWIW.

Bryan

·
Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
Flite saddles- tested and proven!

I have never used the SLR but can however vouch for the flite saddle. My last flite lasted 8 yrs. and just received a replacement flite in the mail today. However I went with a flite gel flow with the cutout this time and I'm anxious to see how it feels on my 30 degree ride tommorrow. I've got a narrow bum so I like the narrow saddles such as the flite. I feel like the SLR would chafe me and I've heard they are rather uncomfortable on long extended rides.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good advice from

B2, saddles are very subjective as all bums are different. I ride the flight trans am(cut out) and am very satisfied with its performance and comfort. You might want to find a used one cheap before you buy new.

·
Juanmoretime
2,203 Posts
Saddle comfort can be very subjective. That said I ride an SLR and find it much more comfortable than the flite. My inner thighs used to rub on the sides of the flite and since the SLR doesn't have any sides, there's no chaffing. I've ridden 100 plus milers on the SLR and for me, it's comfortable all day long. The only negative about the SLR is that I wear through the cover in a little over a year.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I used the Flite for a while but I never found it to be very comfortable. I switched to the SLR and I've never regretted it. The SLR is the most comfortable saddle I've ever used. I like it so much I have one on my road bike, TT bike and I have one waiting to go on my C-50 when ever it gets here.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
many many thanks everyone! i know seats are subjective thats why i'm trying to use
the Flite as a reference--it sounds like i may end up just getting another one, sans the
embroydery(sp)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.