Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Slr01 2011 need a SETBACK post!

I recently picked up a 2011 frame but the post (which only has tick marks to 20) is too short. I need about an inch more of post. Don't want to go past the min line.

2 questions:

1. Do any other year bmc posts fit? Or just the 2011? I have this post 2013 BMC 2011 BMC SLR 01 Seatpost Images - Competitive Cyclist

2. Does anyone have a SETBACK post they would sell/trade me?

Unfortunately I don't live anywhere near a dealer to ask directly. Anyone have experience in this category?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone want to swap me their longer post? Mine is 12.5 inches from center of clamp to the bottom of the rubber expander piece, zero offset. Are you using a longer one but not needing it to be that long?

Trade me? Please! Getting desperate (but can't afford $250 for a new one!)

·
Registered
442 Posts
I think there is more than one length. Have you tried PMing the BMC representative here?
As for the price, I think it is going to be near MSRP, it is an item that usually requires special order from a dealer. That is unless you find someone that wants to trade...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.