Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the pix I saw it appeared all Team BMC riders opted for the venerable SLR01 for the Tour of Flanders. I imagine we'll see some GF01s in the Paris Roubaix?

Impec, TMR01, GF01; all interesting but...

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm not so sure they'll ever race the Impec. I remembered some of the team members were on the Impec a few years ago but they've all switched to the SLR01. I wouldn't mind riding the GF01 though. Saw one guy on it a few weeks ago and it looked really nice.

·
Speed Trap Sprinter ;-)
45 Posts
weight difference

I just noticed a near 1Kg weight difference of the Di2 SLR01 and the Mechanical Dura Ace SLR01. But apart from a EA90SLX instead of EA90SL Wheels and tubular instead of clincher tyres, well, and the saddle, I could not see a difference in those bikes. So I wonder is the electronic frame that much lighter?

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
My 55cm 2012 mechanical frame is 950gm actual weight. I don't thing the elec frame is substantially lighter. Fork is 315 gm. Tubies vs clinchers can save 1/2 kg.

Edit: I'll add that I also have a 2011 55cm SLR01, SRAM Red, HED Ardennes clinchers, and complete weight with pedals, saddle and cages is just under 16 lb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.