Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recent took a short ride on a BMC SLT Team Machine. On the short ride it seemed to be fairly smooth but very stiff, maybe stiffer than my old Cannondale.

Would the Team Machine be considered an all day type of bike or is it better suited for short fast rides?

I liked the stiffness of the Cannondale but wanted something that would take some of the buzz away. I could never get my Cannondale fit dialed in, always seemed to be exactly between sizes. Did a few centuries and long rides and my body would tire before my legs or lungs did. Sometimes I can't tell what fits really well or how much buzz you can take until several hours into a ride.

I did a search but most of the talk is about the Pro Machine

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have the SLT, and I ride it over long distances with no problems. Here in Connecticut, the roads are terrible, and I don't really have a problem with road buzz. This is not a plush bike by any means, though--you will feel the big bumps and some road chatter. Compared to my Cannondale Synapse (which I broke), it is a much rougher ride, but compared to my old airplane aluminum frame, it is smoother.

Another way to think about it is the bike was designed for Pro Tour teams riding huge miles day after day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.