Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Burn baby, burn.
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here has their own small brand or does kit designs for others?
Care to share some of your work?

·
Registered
756 Posts
I'm not who you're looking for, but one small company that let's you design your own custom merino wool kit that is awesome is Eleven Velo. They're in Australia, and if you're in the USA, the strength of the dollar makes their bespoke kit a really good deal. Their website is: eleven.cc

·
Burn baby, burn.
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cannot believe that either nobody on here actually has a small clothing brand or else is unwilling to show what they do have.
I see hundreds of them popping up on Facebook and Instagram but nobody on here.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
I cannot believe that either nobody on here actually has a small clothing brand or else is unwilling to show what they do have.
I see hundreds of them popping up on Facebook and Instagram but nobody on here.
Im not surprised. I don't see many people using the forum for advertising their product and when they do, it gets called out right and quick.

·
Burn baby, burn.
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try DNA Cycling apparel.
I have a pair of Assos, and I like the DNA stuff better FWIW.
Thanks, not really looking for recommendations though. Just wondered who has a clothing brand of their own.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Thanks, not really looking for recommendations though. Just wondered who has a clothing brand of their own.
Do you?

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,951 Posts
And this is why forums like RBR and MTBR are dying.
No...they're dying due to terrible forum support and non-existent administrators. The two combined drive the old-guard members who create most content away leaving an empty husk that newbies find only to go elsewhere.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
I design kits fairly often. All 3 kits for the Lounge here, a couple cycling clubs and some smaller mfr teams. I don't have my own company, as I'd need dye sub gear and sewers and machines which means labor/faciliites etc... $$$$$.

·
Burn baby, burn.
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I design kits fairly often. All 3 kits for the Lounge here, a couple cycling clubs and some smaller mfr teams. I don't have my own company, as I'd need dye sub gear and sewers and machines which means labor/faciliites etc... $$$$$.
Most small cycling companies dont have their own factories.
In Australia the likes of Attaquer, Pedal Mafia etc dont have their own factory AFAIK.
Nor do I.
I just design and then outsource to a factory that does the sublimation and manufacture for me.
But it is all done using my tags etc etc etc.

·
Registered
123 Posts
No...they're dying due to terrible forum support and non-existent administrators. The two combined drive the old-guard members who create most content away leaving an empty husk that newbies find only to go elsewhere.
^^^^^^^
Sorry for the off-topic comment, but this is true. RBR's subscription/notification is totally broken for me. Several requests for help with absolutely no response. Useless. Bike Forums has a similar problem with their indexing function--constantly breaks so you can't find your own threads/posts.

STP

·
Registered
123 Posts
Most small cycling companies dont have their own factories.
In Australia the likes of Attaquer, Pedal Mafia etc dont have their own factory AFAIK.
Nor do I.
I just design and then outsource to a factory that does the sublimation and manufacture for me.
But it is all done using my tags etc etc etc.
I've been shopping for some quality kit(s) and I've been surprised at all the activity in Australia--seems to be a real hotbed for design. Most seem to follow your business model of outsourcing manufacturing. Eleven Velo seems to be an exception--but they are 100% merino--which I like a lot. I'm also interested in Morvelo's stuff.

STP

·
Crank Addict
1,943 Posts
My friends and i are launching a cycling based apparel and street-wear company... cool clothes to wear that cycling related, to wear when you're not on the bike.

www.crankaddicts.cc

Getting ready to launch some new stuff for spring.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I'm still here i havent taken my ball and left LOL.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts