Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping I can get some recommendations - I am looking for a platform type pedal similar in size to GR-9's but with some grip that they can be ridden with no foot retention. I only ride freewheel so am not concerned about foot retention, but would like some grip benefits similar to bmx type pedals only in a smaller size. I am currently using a pair of Wellgo RO-25's, but these do not have as much grip that I would like to have. I have seen the Tioga Spider and Surefoot, but these look quite a bit longer and not as low of a Q factor. Anyone have any other options? Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm hoping I can get some recommendations - I am looking for a platform type pedal similar in size to GR-9's but with some grip that they can be ridden with no foot retention. I only ride freewheel so am not concerned about foot retention, but would like some grip benefits similar to bmx type pedals only in a smaller size. I am currently using a pair of Wellgo RO-25's, but these do not have as much grip that I would like to have. I have seen the Tioga Spider and Surefoot, but these look quite a bit longer and not as low of a Q factor. Anyone have any other options? Thanks.
Hi. I have Answer Rove FR pedals on my hybrid and they have terrific grip with the 10 hex head pins on each side. Here's a link to the Answer Products web site (I have no affiliation with the company):
Rove FR | Answer Products

The Wellgo B219 pedals look pretty good as well:
Wellgo B219 Flat Pedals at Price Point

Also, Wellgo B184's:
Wellgo B184 Flat Pedals at Price Point

Best regards

·
Registered
26 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.