Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night we were woken up by the smoke the detector. I checked the entire apartment and found no evidence of fire or smoke. I took out the batteries. This morning I vacuumed the unit and put in new batteries. Has anyone else experienced problems with their smoke detectors?

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Smoke detectors will usually have an expiry date. Did you check yours?

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Get a Nest. (The first gen had some false alarms, but my new one has been absolutely perfect, even near the kitchen. It has the ability not to go off every time you boil water or burn toast.)

·
Frog Whisperer
40,920 Posts
as an aside, if you run a chainsaw in the house, the 2 cycle exhaust ALWAYS sets off the smoke alarm

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
as an aside, if you run a chainsaw in the house, the 2 cycle exhaust ALWAYS sets off the smoke alarm
That's why I only use the electric chainsaw in the house; there's always an outlet nearby, anyway.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,920 Posts
yeah, we needed to remove a temporary set of stairs, my wife said I couldn't buy a reciprocating saw, "go ahead, just use the chainsaw"

so I did

I got a reciprocating saw the next day

·
Boobies!
8,170 Posts
yeah, we needed to remove a temporary set of stairs, my wife said I couldn't buy a reciprocating saw, "go ahead, just use the chainsaw"

so I did

I got a reciprocating saw the next day
Anyone remember that great scene in 'Sometimes a Great Notion' where Paul Newman fires up the faller's saw and cuts the big boss's desk in half?

I can't find a clip, but I have wanted to do "renovations" with a chainsaw ever since...

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Anyone remember that great scene in 'Sometimes a Great Notion' where Paul Newman fires up the faller's saw and cuts the big boss's desk in half?

I can't find a clip, but I have wanted to do "renovations" with a chainsaw ever since...
I love that one. I've had that fantasy, too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvDpiUD3lJs
That movie is a great adaptation of an even greater book. I only lament that they cut the part at the end where they take the old man's ripped-off arm out of the freezer, extend its middle finger, and hang it from the mast of the tugboat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts