Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
BS the DC
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's about 1:50AM and we've got about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of snow here in Austin, Texas. Not a big deal to most of the country but quite unusual for us, especially since this winter has been so mild. I'm looking forward to a short ride through the snow on my mountain bike before the snow melts. High tomorrow: 49 degrees.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
bsdc said:
It's about 1:50AM and we've got about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of snow here in Austin, Texas. Not a big deal to most of the country but quite unusual for us, especially since this winter has been so mild. I'm looking forward to a short ride through the snow on my mountain bike before the snow melts. High tomorrow: 49 degrees.
3 inches in Dallas this morning.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Snow in Austin

I once worked for a Dallas company and during a visit to the HO a snowfall was forecast.
One of my co workers warned me to be careful with driving in the snow. I replied that I have driven in the stuff for thirty years so I shouldn't have a problem. She politely warned me that I was surrounded by two million people who didn't have a clue how to drive in snow!
So be careful out there, bsdc.

·
BS the DC
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update

It's morning ... 8:20AM ... and the weather man said we had 1 to 1.5 inches of snow. It's 31degrees out, the sun is shining, and the snow is beginning to melt on the paved areas. No complaints here. This is a nice treat for us. Besides, it will be 50 degrees and no hint of snow by mid afternoon.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
bsdc said:
It's morning ... 8:20AM ... and the weather man said we had 1 to 1.5 inches of snow. It's 31degrees out, the sun is shining, and the snow is beginning to melt on the paved areas. No complaints here. This is a nice treat for us. Besides, it will be 50 degrees and no hint of snow by mid afternoon.
I know this picture doesn't mean anything to the northerners but it's a rare site here.....

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
It must look great there this morning! I don't think I'll do the Rocky Hill MTB race in Smithville Sunday. People who raced the 24 hour last Fall in muddy conditions did alot of damage to their bikes, and mine is just a few weeks old. I'd still ride in the snow though. Have fun!

bsdc said:

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Tig said:
It must look great there this morning! I don't think I'll do the Rocky Hill MTB race in Smithville Sunday. People who raced the 24 hour last Fall in muddy conditions did alot of damage to their bikes, and mine is just a few weeks old. I'd still ride in the snow though. Have fun!

I just got back from a short 10 mile ride. It was fun. No traffic

·
Registered
985 Posts
Dave,

Now you can spend the rest of the day cleaning your bike! I decided to just look out the window at the falling snow and ride the windtrainer. See you on the road when the sun is shining.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
JimP said:
Dave,

Now you can spend the rest of the day cleaning your bike! I decided to just look out the window at the falling snow and ride the windtrainer. See you on the road when the sun is shining.
I'll be on my trainer this afternoon. The only reason I rode was my wife said as a joke
"I'm suprised you're not riding your bike". After 20 years you'd think she'd learn ;)

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
You're welcome

We sent you that one - nailed Colorado and the New Mexico high country, moved right down I25. ABQ had a dusting although there was a 11 inch drop up on the mountain. South of here is picked up steam and left snow across south-eastern NM. Looks like it veered in your direction. Enjoy it!

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
Snow looks cool there!/Rocky Hill MTB race is on

I bet the fenders were worth every cent! I haven't ridden in snow for several years, but it was fun.

The MTB race isn't as muddy as expected, so I may go.

·
Registered
550 Posts
No thanks

Wasn't much fun in Alamogordo. The dusting only lasted about a day on the ground, but visibility was terrible all day yesterday. At least Ski Apache got bunches.

terry b said:
We sent you that one - nailed Colorado and the New Mexico high country, moved right down I25. ABQ had a dusting although there was a 11 inch drop up on the mountain. South of here is picked up steam and left snow across south-eastern NM. Looks like it veered in your direction. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
426 Posts
clearing the snow

Sorry to hear about the snow in Texas I know what an inconvenience it can be. Here I am clearing out the laneway so I can go for a nice ride Heh heh
RCA

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.