Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Genitive Declensioner
Joined
·
12,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
level went down to 2500 feet or something close.....finally had a moment to post a pic from Monday, this was taken from behind where I work mostlies......

Mt. Laguna all white.....wtf
 

·
a jumped up pantry boy
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
thinkcooper said:
Snowed in Santa Cruz on Saturday. Freaky.
it snowed in la last week as well. hasnt happened in like 18 years or something
 

·
In need of sock puppet
Joined
·
9,420 Posts
yarble said:
it snowed in la last week as well. hasnt happened in like 18 years or something
What was the name of that recent disaster movie where holes in the atmosphere froze up the earth and everyone died a horribly?

Oh wait, that wasn't a movie, that was for real.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,115 Posts
I went driving through the San Gabriels looking for snow, as a way of avoiding the errands I should have been running. Only a light dusting in Little Tujunga Canyon at the very top, so I tried Big Tujunga Canyon--there was actually snow at creekside at the mouth of the canyon, near Mt. Gleason Ave., which can't be much more than 1100'. Got heavier the farther I went up towards Angeles Forest Hwy, but self-preservation dictated that I turn around after watching the dimwits discovering that their 2WD SUVs didn't confer any more capabilities on them than a cheap econobox. Nothing quite like seeing one of these goofballs losing traction ahead of you and sliding backwards straight at you. Angeles Crest Hwy was shut down at the first set of gates just above La Canada...finally got some real snow north of Ojai on Sunday, almost all the way up to Maricopa. First time I've actually seen snow falling since I used to snowshoe up in Sequoia, when I was still young.

Now that was some good weather!
 

·
I don't exist
Joined
·
2,029 Posts
OK, here's the scoop guys

Since I moved the family to Kentucky, the weather in Louisville has been abnormally mild. While back in my beloved San Diego, it seems to be...colder & wetter. In short, I, me, myownself, HAL9000, took the weather with me. Or maybe it followed me. Sorry, but I am not complaining or giving it back untill I come back to the southland. Love you & miss you.
 

·
Self-Banned
Joined
·
16,905 Posts
svend said:
level went down to 2500 feet or something close.....finally had a moment to post a pic from Monday, this was taken from behind where I work mostlies......

Mt. Laguna all white.....wtf
beautiful

freaky... but beautiful.
 

·
Self-Banned
Joined
·
16,905 Posts
The Walrus said:
I went driving through the San Gabriels looking for snow, as a way of avoiding the errands I should have been running. Only a light dusting in Little Tujunga Canyon at the very top, so I tried Big Tujunga Canyon--there was actually snow at creekside at the mouth of the canyon, near Mt. Gleason Ave., which can't be much more than 1100'. Got heavier the farther I went up towards Angeles Forest Hwy, but self-preservation dictated that I turn around after watching the dimwits discovering that their 2WD SUVs didn't confer any more capabilities on them than a cheap econobox. Nothing quite like seeing one of these goofballs losing traction ahead of you and sliding backwards straight at you. Angeles Crest Hwy was shut down at the first set of gates just above La Canada...finally got some real snow north of Ojai on Sunday, almost all the way up to Maricopa. First time I've actually seen snow falling since I used to snowshoe up in Sequoia, when I was still young.

Now that was some good weather!
Yeah I've only been here for about 18 months but I was still surprised to see snow on the SGs down at such a low elevation.
 

·
a jumped up pantry boy
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
The Walrus said:
I went driving through the San Gabriels looking for snow, as a way of avoiding the errands I should have been running. Only a light dusting in Little Tujunga Canyon at the very top, so I tried Big Tujunga Canyon--there was actually snow at creekside at the mouth of the canyon, near Mt. Gleason Ave., which can't be much more than 1100'. Got heavier the farther I went up towards Angeles Forest Hwy, but self-preservation dictated that I turn around after watching the dimwits discovering that their 2WD SUVs didn't confer any more capabilities on them than a cheap econobox. Nothing quite like seeing one of these goofballs losing traction ahead of you and sliding backwards straight at you. Angeles Crest Hwy was shut down at the first set of gates just above La Canada...finally got some real snow north of Ojai on Sunday, almost all the way up to Maricopa. First time I've actually seen snow falling since I used to snowshoe up in Sequoia, when I was still young.

Now that was some good weather!
it snowed pretty good in big tujunga. my friends got some pictures ill try to get my hands on. ive actually been hailed on at the top of big tujunga. starts out clear and sunny at the bottom, and hail at the top.
 

·
Not Banned
Joined
·
49,013 Posts
we're so lucky

look east see snow. look west see ocean. Hey I'm thinking it's about time for the Mt Laguna to Ocean Beach Snow to Surf funride. CX bike would be the tool of choice as we will be going offroad.
 

·
Bored beyond belief.
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
Actually, that's Cyuamaca, but close enough. Monday was stunning. Palomar was equally blanketted. Be interesting to see how much we get this weekend.

Where'bouts do you work?
 

·
Genitive Declensioner
Joined
·
12,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sn69 said:
Actually, that's Cyuamaca, but close enough. Monday was stunning. Palomar was equally blanketted. Be interesting to see how much we get this weekend.

Where'bouts do you work?
After I posted I realized to far N to be Laguna but like you said close enough....Monday was one of those rare days every couple of years or so......

Sorrento Mesa, in amongst the Qualcomm ghetto
 

·
Bored beyond belief.
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
I was thinking it looked that direction.

I was trying to place the view from Coast Highway, and I thought it could be looking over the Burham Institute on Torrey Pines )before the trees get thick). S Mesa makes sense. From my crib in Carlsbad, Palomar was simply stunning on Monday. But on Tuesday, (Smel)LA made it's presence known.

Never trust air you can't see....
 

·
Bacon!
Joined
·
9,190 Posts
Pretty cool! Some of the people here didn't believe me when I told them about it. I wish I could have seen the pics from around the Bay Area also. I heard they got a good dusting.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top