Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping y'all come for fun. I have several road and also a few mountain bikes available. Nobody leaves without riding the Flume trail ;-)

Bikes to fit from 5'6" to 6'. Let me know and we'll arrange the situation as needed.

Should be a great time. Hopefully by then we'll get a taste of summer, so far the weather has been less than conducive to riding, tho today was kinda nice.

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Tahoe bikes for Clydesdales...90 percent sure, anyway

I'm about 90 percent sure I'll be in town (I live less than an hour from Tahoe, and you pass my house on the way from the airport). If I am, the following bikes, not entirely an impressive stable, will be available:
64 cm Atlantis and Rambouillet, barcons, friction shift (take your pick; I'll ride the other one)
22 inch Cannondale MB, old hardtail w/Rock Shox. A hard-used ride, but it all works.
Ditto Bridgestone MB5, set up for road with fenders, slicks and priest handlebars. Used to be my main MB, now I commute on it.
25-inch Trek tourer, circa 1985, converted to singlespeed with mustache bars.
Plus some bikes for squatty people: SHORT (my wife's 5'1") Hardrock MB set up for road, Bridgestone MB3 rigid with knobbies and, if I get around to putting it back together, a 17-inch Bstone roadie from the '80s, a 550 I think.
I should know in a couple of weeks if I'll be around--if so, and if anybody at either height extreme needs a ride, we'll work out a pickup and dropoff.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Tahoe on a bike? It's gonna look like this --

Not so much that I don't ride the pedal stuff. I do. I have six of them, and nice too -- It's just that to get to Tahoe I have to fly, or "fly" and of late flying on the Harley is my preferred mode of transport.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,287 Posts
rwbadley said:
Hopefully by then we'll get a taste of summer, so far the weather has been less than conducive to riding, tho today was kinda nice.
And keep in mind that those who don't feel up to rides with lots of climbing will have a flat option on Saturday (like me.) Lots of options for rides both road and mountain, lots of options for other things to do for you and your non-riding partners. Lots of time flexibility on my end if your schedule does not match up well for fri/sat/sun.

Get your e-mails to me, see the recent post in the planning thread for addy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts