Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Would you settle for a Yank living in Germany? If you ever want to jump over to the continent to ride a bit let me know...I'm living in Heidelberg, Germany.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cat 3 boy said:
How about Somerset, just south of the Mendips?

Do you road race/TT?? Are you in a club?

See ya on the road.
Definately a R.Racer making a comeback after a 14 year break from cycle racing (spent the last 14 years as a competitive runner Fell, road and XC). Just got my Racing licence so starting again as a 4th cat. Got my 1st race lined up at Abbergaveny in March. Ride for Climb on Bikes RT. How bout your self?

·
Quit upgrading & ride!
188 Posts
Hereford Flyer said:
Definately a R.Racer making a comeback after a 14 year break from cycle racing (spent the last 14 years as a competitive runner Fell, road and XC). Just got my Racing licence so starting again as a 4th cat. Got my 1st race lined up at Abbergaveny in March. Ride for Climb on Bikes RT. How bout your self?
Bit like me then, 6 years away from road racing till last year, (thought I was too old), did a 2 week training camp in Majorca, commuted to work, entered some races & got 3rd Cat licence after my 2nd race. You should come down to Devon for the pursuit races, handicapped, easy start to the season. Maybe too late to enter now.

I think the Abergavenny races clash with some other events I'm entering, best of luck, look out for a Mid Devon CC jersey ;-)

This season's targets: Etape du Tour, & 2nd Cat!!

Some hopes!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hereford Flyer said:
Any of you around the Herefordshire / Worcestershire / Gloucestershire area?
Not quite... I live in South Wales. The only time I'm in Hereford on my bike is on the turn for the Welsh Champs 12 hour!

I like this forum a lot, it seems much better than the C+ forum IMHO.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm in Bristol.....

....So not too far from you guys.

Been an MTBer for 12 years, had a road bike for 9, but with the purchase of my Litespeed Sirius 18 months ago have got more into the road, probably ride 75%road, 25% off road these days.

Don't race though I do fancy giving road racing a go. Trouble is with two small kids and a wife who works when I am at home I'd really struggle to train enough to be competative. Having said that I ride with a couple of cat 3's occasionally and can hang with them and sometimes drop them on the climbs.

Cat 3 boy - I ride on the Mendips quite often, always enjoy a good thrash up Cheddar Gorge!

·
Quit upgrading & ride!
188 Posts
Gilo said:
....So not too far from you guys.

Been an MTBer for 12 years, had a road bike for 9, but with the purchase of my Litespeed Sirius 18 months ago have got more into the road, probably ride 75%road, 25% off road these days.

Don't race though I do fancy giving road racing a go. Trouble is with two small kids and a wife who works when I am at home I'd really struggle to train enough to be competative. Having said that I ride with a couple of cat 3's occasionally and can hang with them and sometimes drop them on the climbs.

Cat 3 boy - I ride on the Mendips quite often, always enjoy a good thrash up Cheddar Gorge!
Good on yer! I prefer Burrington Combe, not quite as steep but longer & harder. Once raced up it, couldn't believe how fast the bunch was going, good job I wasn't looking at a heart rate monitor.

I'll look out for a Litespeed then ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Cat 3 boy said:
Good on yer! I prefer Burrington Combe, not quite as steep but longer & harder. Once raced up it, couldn't believe how fast the bunch was going, good job I wasn't looking at a heart rate monitor.

I'll look out for a Litespeed then ;)
Mmmm..I do like Burrington, seem to go down it more often that I go up it though.

I "bumped into" a bunch of triathletes from Bath Uni last summer when I was out in my own. They were heading to Cheddar and asked if I wanted to ride with them. All was going well til we hit the gorge...the pace went through the roof, I was managing to keep with them, then just as we approached the first (very steep, left-hand) hairpin I glanced at my HRM to see I was at 98% of max! Hit the hairpin and they were gone, it was like trying to follow a train.

Mind you they had at least 15 years on me, and next to them at 5'11" and 145lbs I felt fat!!! Fair play though, they waited for me at the top!

The Litespeed is currently still in Winter hibernation, I'm on my Mirage triple-equipped Ribble 531 for now.

Roll on summer.................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.