Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I am pedlfoot
205 Posts
Flatlander here...

...from Illinois.The last 2 weeks haven't been good for N. Illinois with all the snow.Up to that point December and early Jan. weren't too bad.Looks like you got a little snow up in your area to.I've been through the La Crosse area a few times.You certainly have a beautiful place to ride.With any luck the weather will break in a few weeks.

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
We've had very little rain and comfortable temperatures in southern California, but the damn Santa Ana winds seem to kick up every weekend. I got blown around again today on a 70-miler.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
So, where'd you put in the miles?

I did about 25 going east-west and back in the north end of the Valley--got slammed into parked cars twice by strong gusts on the way home. The motorists sure seemed to get a kick out of that....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Here in Chicago I'm not sure which is worse; the rediculous ammount of snow, or the salt!

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Simi

The Walrus said:
I did about 25 going east-west and back in the north end of the Valley--got slammed into parked cars twice by strong gusts on the way home. The motorists sure seemed to get a kick out of that....
I took Topanga to Santa Susana Pass to LA Avenue and then took Tierra Rejada to Moorpark and over the Norwegian Grade to Avenida de los Arboles and up Westlake to Kanan. I took Kanan back to Agoura and worked my way back to Ventura Boulevard. I actually ended up with a decent tailwind on parts of Ventura. It seemed like I was fighting a headwind everywhere else.

Well, I'm off to dad's retirement party. I'll be spending the evening with a bunch of grumpy old Southern Pacific guys. :p

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
Normal Illinois here: Now that Feb has arrived the temps will be okay for riding, but the roads are generally snow-packed. Just waiting for a couple days of sun to defrost things so I can go for a ride. Spinning class is getting old already.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Worse than snow here in SoCal

I'd rather be snowed in in Chicago than sitting as I am with a stress fracture in Los Angeles. It's beautiful outside this morning and I'm stuck here. Last week I tried riding and I only aggravated the fracture, which began hurting again. Doctor says a couple more weeks.

B.

·
Registered
426 Posts
One nights snow

Andy M-S said:
Temps in the high 20s today...
It's -27 C today in Central Ontario and and today at our winter carnival is the Polar Bear dip. They chainsaw out a 15x15 hole in our marina area and if you raise enough money for Big Sisters they let you jump in to the muffled roar of a heavily mittened crowd . Some people stand around and get cold so when they jump in the 0c water .I know I am being a suck but I am not getting a bike out.

RCA

Not a bad one night snowfall

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Messy New England

Managed to slog some miles when the weather has allowed. Viscous cold weather and some just plain messy weather has really cut into the weather. Need a nice indoor trainer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.