Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hop on to see what freaking miscreants are hanging out here in the wee hours of the morning... and what do I see?

A bunch of freaking miscreants.

I have two things to say. Holy crap, did I see that LFR is back? Let me hear a fugging HELL YEAH!!! You know, that (and not owing taxes) just made my weekend.

Number two... Im just curious... who around here was the biggest winner, and loser with taxes this season? My freaking friend got ...get this 16K back. Un-frigging believable. Come on... you can tell US. (but we will be able to tell as vacations and new bikes will prevail). All I can say is that I don't owe... the feds that is. For that I am thankful.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
I didn't get back quite as much as your friend but I was pretty damned close. What astonished me was the speed of the direct deposits.... I efiled on a Friday night. My state refund was deposited to my checking Monday and my fed was deposited to my check Thursday. It was a standard efile, no advances or anything like that. Blew me away.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I normally get about $800 back between state and the fed. This year I got over $3000 due to things that normally don't occur.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,756 Posts
I received about $2300 from the Feds, $200 from Indiana, and $23 from Kentucky. Most of that's being put towards my Roth IRA, the rest into savings. Hooray for refunds!

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
I purposely try to get not a whole lot back; it's more useful having it NOW than next year. That said, I got $2695 fed back, zip from PA (we almost never get anything back from the state.) It was going to be used to pay off some small credit cards and pay this year's real estate taxes. Well, a malfunctioning transmission has changed that. As Roseann Rosannadanna used to say on SNL "it's always something!"

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Chris,
I usually pay a heap of taxes at tax time because I'm self-employed and pay little tax throughout the year. I have started this year to make regular monthly payments instead of one huge amount at the end of the year. It all depends on how much in the way of deduction I can squeeze in.
Cheers, Wayne

1 - 7 of 7 Posts