Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An arena called the Rabobank Arena?

I wasn't actually aware that Rabobank did any business in North America. Even so, doesn't Bakersfield seem like an odd place to buy naming rights for an arena?

Saw the signs for this on holiday and kept meaning to ask if anyone knew the skinny on it.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Jeeze, ever heard of Google???

The new collaboration between Rabobank and the City of Bakersfield represents a very positive opportunity for both parties. Rabobank owns Valley Independent Bank (VIB), which provides retail and commercial banking services throughout central and southern California, and which is in the process of changing its name to Rabobank. Since being acquired by Rabobank in 2002, VIB has increased its network to 25 branches located in numerous central and southern valley communities. The purchase of the arena and convention center naming rights will further solidify VIB and Rabobank’s commitment to Bakersfield and the surrounding region. The City will benefit from a new revenue source that will further strengthen the financial health of the complex.

http://www.bakersfieldcity.us/cityhighlights/Rabobank_Naming/index.htm

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
we got motherf****** snakes!

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
toomanybikes said:
An arena called the Rabobank Arena?

I wasn't actually aware that Rabobank did any business in North America. Even so, doesn't Bakersfield seem like an odd place to buy naming rights for an arena?

Saw the signs for this on holiday and kept meaning to ask if anyone knew the skinny on it.
The only reason Bakersfield ever registered on my radar was I once knew an uber hot MILF that hailed from those parts.....only good thing to come out of the area as far as I know....FWIW

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
svend said:
The only reason Bakersfield ever registered on my radar was I once knew an uber hot MILF that hailed from those parts.....only good thing to come out of the area as far as I know....FWIW

PAP!!!!!!!

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
svend said:
I went to school with the daughter of the then-mayor of Bakersfield. By now, she's probably a MYLF.

I was driving home early sunday morning through bakersfield, listening to gospel music on the colored radio station . . . .

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
mickey-mac said:
I went to school with the daughter of the then-mayor of Bakersfield. By now, she's probably a MYLF.

I was driving home early sunday morning through bakersfield, listening to gospel music on the colored radio station . . . .
what color?

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
mickey-mac said:

what's the punch line??

·
Registered
593 Posts
You are wrong! Perhaps you've heard of Merle f%$kin' Haggard or Buck Owens. Not to mention Chief Justice of the S.C. Earl Warren ( of Brown v Board of Ed and Miranda fame).

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
whit417 said:
You are wrong! Perhaps you've heard of Merle f%$kin' Haggard or Buck Owens. Not to mention Chief Justice of the S.C. Earl Warren ( of Brown v Board of Ed and Miranda fame).

No, not wrong, I properly qualified my statement with an "as far as I know".....still the MILF has 'em all beat by a landslide.....she was that hot

1 - 18 of 18 Posts