Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
It depends on your age and recovery abilities from a hard weekend of racing. I'm close to 50 and recover slow so after a hard weekend of racing CX I'll do core work on Monday, an easy 1 hour ride on Tuesday, then try some V02 max intervals on Wednesday.

If racing on Saturday I'll take Thursday off and then do some openers on Friday.

If racing on Sunday, I'll do a tempo ride on Thursday, take Friday off, and do some openers on Saturday.

Everybody is different in how they recover and respond to training. If you're young and recover fast you may want to do two interval sessions during the week.

·
Registered
228 Posts
At one time I was trying to do 2 interval sessions during the week and it didn't work for me. I didn't have any snap in my legs for the weekend race after two mid-week sessions. Since a race is all intervals, for me, just one more interval session during the middle of the week keeps my top end power trained without wearing me out for the upcoming race on the weekend. Good luck and just experiment with what works best for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts