Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
cadence90 said:
Doe-fee-nay Lee-beh-ray.

Say that with a Bob Roll accent and you'll have all the French you need.
I heard Bob Roll speak a few weeks ago. He claims that this year there will be no more Tour DAY France and he will pronounce "Le Tour de France" the same way philippec or Pierre would. He did a demonstration and he clearly is capable of pronouncing it correctly. But, I won't believe it until I hear it on OLN.

·
wheel to wheel
2,236 Posts
MarkS said:
I heard Bob Roll speak a few weeks ago. He claims that this year there will be no more Tour DAY France and he will pronounce "Le Tour de France" the same way philippec or Pierre would. He did a demonstration and he clearly is capable of pronouncing it correctly. But, I won't believe it until I hear it on OLN.
Oh, lord, what's gotten into him? "DAY" is a Bobski institution!
Does this mean he'll also retract his statement that "I'd rather be a light post on a New York City street than the French National Champion." ? :)

·
Premium Member
15,996 Posts
Yeah, clearly he's just messing around with the DAY thing.

Bob is a much smarter dude than he lets on. It's clear that he's spent lots of time in Italia, too, to hear how well he pronounced the climbs, towns, etc., in the Giro compared to the Brits... he's a funny guy, that Bobke.

I think cadence is right on how to say it.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,158 Posts
Argentius said:
I think cadence is right on how to say it.
You trust an Italians' French pronunciation?? :D

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,158 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.