Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a wonderful day, the temperature climbed fast after the storms last night and by noon it was 69 degrees. The breeze was stiff, variable from the W SW predominantly but swinging wildly from the W NW at times at 15 to 25 mph.. I finished my work by noon ( btw my job is NOT on the top 100 list and I don’t make a lot of money but it is mine, I love my work and it generally affords me a LOT of freedom to do as I please, when I please.) Before I left my 16 yr. old daughter informed me that she had soccer practice at 3:30. I wasn’t happy but I told her I would be back in time to give her a ride. (no she doesn’t drive, she decided she would rather spend her money going to Costa Rica in the spring).
I was maybe 15 miles from home and she called on the cell to tell me she was going to just ride her bike in to town (8 miles INTO the wind) She had gotten it off the hooks on the rafters in the garage, aired up the tires and ridden it around the yard to make sure it was shifting and working properly.
All was good. I warned her about the wind and she shrugged it off (and she is riding a hybrid…upright) OK…..I told her I would be heading back and to call me when she hit the intersection of I and T and I would meet her and ride in with her. She called and I was less than a mile south of the intersection, I blazed up and met her and rode the 6 additional miles with her and taught her about drafting! (I wasn’t going to let her get too close, she hasn’t NEARLY enough experience) We had a great ride and I turned to go home with a 20+ mph tail wind! All in all…a good day.
I taught this little girl to ride…..I dragged her around on a trail-a-bike for years….Me thinks I got a rider..

I love my job…I love my 4 kids…Great wife…I love where I live (smack dab in the middle of 30 acres of mixed hardwoods in S Central WI)…..and the sun was shining…and ONLY a 25 mph headwind…life is good!

·
nothing
120 Posts
My day was great. Everything went well at work. After work, a couple of us stepped over to the bar and had a couple beers. On the walk home, I saw some neighborhood folk outside, so I stopped to say hello, and scored two more beers. When I got home, I ordered a pizza. Life is grand!

·
Frog Whisperer
40,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well yeah....

lol..I forgot to mention the perfectly roasted chicken, pasta and veggies and TWO Leinnies Honey Weis for dinner!!!!!......... beer...mmmmmmmmm good.....

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Glad y'all are all sunshine and roses. I got sick today. I'm not sure what I've got goin' on - lowgrade temp, not a lot of cough, but very scratchy throat and extremely swollen. I thought at first maybe it was a strep relapse, but my mouth isn't spotty so who knows. Not enough to excuse me from anything but just enough to make me feel like crap while doing everything.

·
nothing
120 Posts
paint said:
Glad y'all are all sunshine and roses. I got sick today. I'm not sure what I've got goin' on - lowgrade temp, not a lot of cough, but very scratchy throat and extremely swollen. I thought at first maybe it was a strep relapse, but my mouth isn't spotty so who knows. Not enough to excuse me from anything but just enough to make me feel like crap while doing everything.
That's about how I felt the last three days. Much better today though. I hope yours passes quickly too!

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
paint said:
All the pollen counts are really high right now in GA. Causing a lot of suffering, including the symptoms you're describing. Target brand OTC Claritin is your friend. And warm salt-water gargles.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
eagleson520 said:
That's about how I felt the last three days. Much better today though. I hope yours passes quickly too!
Nope. As I suspected, I've got strep throat. It hasn't quite been a year since the last time I caught it. Don't know why I'm particularly susceptible to it.

On the other hand, I have very little reaction to poison ivy or oak, and I have never been vaccinated for nor caught any version of the Flu. So I guess I'm breaking even with my immune system. ;)

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
lets_ride said:
All the pollen counts are really high right now in GA. Causing a lot of suffering, including the symptoms you're describing. Target brand OTC Claritin is your friend. And warm salt-water gargles.
Nah, I don't have any trouble with allergies. Hell, even in the middle of spring in Atlanta it never bothered me a bit. I love blooming things - trees, bushes, you know. They have all kinds 'round those parts.

The magnolias are about to bloom here. On the other hand, I've been raking up dead azaleas for about a week now. :p

·
Registered
581 Posts
Happy Nice Day Everyone!

I'm glad eveyone had a nice day (x-cept piant)

i woke up at 7 hungover and late for work....(but got some morining lovin) worked till 4, drove home, and now i'm here and about to mow the lawn. i have no bike, so i can't ride, i have no money to buy a bike, and my job is getting to me...... but my girlfriend is completely awesome in every way possible..................but i still have faith....... if i get a bike then i'll be a lil better

ride your bike........cuz i cant

1 - 12 of 12 Posts