Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I ride in circles..
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...My stem.

I don't know what possessed me to try flipping my stem from 10 degree up to 10 degrees down. It's now pretty much level with my top tube.

Maybe all the racers in Le Tour.. Hmmm

Anyhow..

The bike looks much more aggressive now and so far I like it. I don't feel too far forward like I'm falling over the front or anything. I don't feel like I'm putting too much weight on my hands now.. but time will tell. I'm going to try riding it like this for a while to see if I like it. Seems like the slight decrease in wind drag will help. My bars are now a few inches lower than my seat.. before my bars were just under it. I think the bars are slightly closer to the bike now which compensates for the drop.

Anyone else ride with their stem flipped downward?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just did the opposite after riding my first century and having alot of pain between my shoulder blades after the ride. I have ridden 2-3 times since the flip from down to up and it feel much more comfortable but I have to go with you on the aesthetics, it looks like crap. I am going to try a little less angle but still not going back to 10 degrees down. Maybe 5 degrees up?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.