Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Baltic Scum
1,826 Posts
BentChainring said:
Something like 38% of car accidents in Los Angeles are Hit and Run... 25% of car - on - bike accidents are Hit and Run.

Do you really think LAPD is investigating 1% of these?

Heal up quickly dude.
BentChainring, the fellow got hit in August and should be fine by now. Thread resurrection like this should definitely be outlawed.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
She dragged you and then yelled at you, and then sped off? Shrug it off? You have impressive control over your emotions...or maybe you have about 3-6 months before you explode and start killing people.

I'm glad you are ok but this woman sounds like a big problem to me...is your wife a fierce person?. If this had happened to me, my lady's hackles would be up and ready to pounce. OK, OK...more serious.

You should either report it or take vigilante justice...one or the other but not both. If your temperment is not one that leans towards vigilanteeism then definitely report it. Ugh, OK, that is just anger talking...much better to report I suppose...but not nearly as satisfying. If I am the next guy she does this too and I find out it happened to you in the past and wasn't reported, I'd assign some blame to you. A hit and run is very serious and I would be very surprised if the police were to shrug it off, expecially since you have medical reports and such. One thing you can try is to go back to the area at that same time (like others have suggested) but this time, take down her license plate and vehicle description to give the police - they won't know if you got it at the scene or a couple days later anyhow.

Wouldn't you report it if she hit and dragged you while you were a pedestrian? Sounds like a frightning thing to be dragged...maybe you are in some shock and are just happy that all turned out to be better than it otherwise could have. Don't take too long to come to your senses though...do everyone a favor and report it. Best of luck.

·
Super Moderator
40,672 Posts
frpax said:
Well, since my throwing hand had blood pouring out of it....
Too bad you couldn't have "accidentally" bled on her.

·
Reality Star
893 Posts
I am glad to see you posting on the forum. This happens way too often.

I was struck by an inattentive motorist a couple of years ago. So, now I believe that cyclists cannot be too visible. I wear hi viz clothing and a bright rear blinky light (Superflash).

Definitely report the hit and run.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts