Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding my old Peugeot. Old pic, from when I first bought it. It was spruced up a bit.

And a

decided that she had missed a turn. Sadly, I was in the right lane of a 2 lane street.

| |
| |
| --------
| ---------
| |

Like that.

She turned in front of me while I was going round 25.

I hit her front bumper, rolled over her hood, and exited around her side mirror.

It looked cool as hell, I heard.

Totaled thebike, dented her hood with my face and landed on the ground. With no major injuries.

Now, pics of my dead sexy thigh, tan line and cuts.

In summary, I > truck.

·
Registered
272 Posts
hope you are feeling better

I am so sorry to hear about your accident. At least you are alright physically! Make sure you get with her insurance and have yourself a full look over by the MD. Then get a nice new shiny colnago with 11 speed gizmos':idea:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm doing fine. The lady who hit me agreed to pay for a new bike, and all the kit that was torn.

I'm not suing, or collecting for lost work (1 day) or P&S.

She's willing to pay about $2500 for replacing the Peugeot. :D

The front fork took most of the hit, with the rear derailleur and drop-outs also taking a nice blow.

I may keep the frame and fork as a wall ornament. It may not have been fast, but it was a good looking bike.

I'm considering a couple Bianchis, a Specialized and a Orbea.

·
Captain Obvious
11,956 Posts
glad you ended up ok. too bad about the bike, but new bikes are nice too.

·
I like Chicken
1,442 Posts
Nice legs.:thumbsup:
Glad you're ok. Go see a doctor but don't settle for anything just yet.
Wait to see if any other injuries come about. It took me a good week.

·
Registered
104 Posts
this kind of accident happened to me back when I was a freshman in college, fortunately for me, a police officer was right there and saw the whole thing. an ambulance came and cleaned me up and everything. come to find out, the girl went to the same college as me. I wasnt hurt, the wheel was out of true, but the store I raced for fixed it up for free, and she paid me back with getting me to all the cool college parties with her friends...it was a good thing being hit actually.
In may of this year I got struck by a smaller pickup than yours, I got nothin from him, jerk. and it took two weeks for a knee injury to appear.
Glad to hear you are ok.
kevin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.