Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
I drank what?
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from Bikesdirect. I'm going to use it as a commuter bicycle to get around midtown memphis. Anything I should be aware of before it arrives?

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you get a white one.... Post a pic... Have not seen the white model.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
20sMotoSpirit said:
If you get a white one.... Post a pic... Have not seen the white model.
Several people have ask what White looks like
Just got mine and photoed at home

Office will post better pictures on our site

·
I drank what?
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, it was a quick shipment. Received the bicycle today about an 1 hr ago.

Looks nice from cursory examination. However the only issue was the rear brake that's attached to the bicycle had pushed through the side of the shipping box and been skuffed up (probably due to UPS throwing the freaking box around) The box also looks as though it's had stuff stacked on top of it. Probably could have use a bit more protection/package material but otherwise not poorly packed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Some pics...

...of my white Fantom Uno rigged for commuter duty. Changed the bars to Nitto Dirt Drops, levers to 105, pedals to Suntour Superbe Pro track with MKS clips and Cinelli straps and a B-17 saddle. Added a Cateye head and tailight and SKS fenders. I'll probably ditch the stock seatpost and swap in a higher rise Salsa stem somewhere down the road.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Here is my black version I just finished building up yesterday. I added some Tektro drop levers, changed the seat and wraps. I plan on changing the tires and getting an 18t freewheel.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I've been looking at picking one of these up but the white is sold out in my size, however that black one sure looks sharp. BTW how are the wheels holding out on these, and can they handle some off road riding?

Also BD says to add 1" to standover height on this bike since the frame is basically the same as the MOTO Mess but its to compensate for the bigger tires, how accurate is this to what you guys received?

·
Registered
14 Posts
motobecane fantom cross uno

after a long wait for shipping screw-ups and a self-made import to canada through family, i finally got my fantom cross uno. i must say, it's awesome. i haven't had the wheel issues that others have noticed, though the front wheel was somewhat untrue. i have it set up fixed with risers and fenders and knobbies for winter town riding in toronto. i took it out for its first real ride last night, and it's wicked. being new to fixed riding, i am still figuring the handling nuances of constant pedaling, so i can't compare the handling to my road bike, but i have enjoyed the experience immensely thus far. getting the bike set up was very straightforward, and it was easily the best-looking box i've seen compared to others' UPS victims. i will likely true up the front wheel this weekend, and it does seem to flex noticeably when my weight is over it in a trackstand, but the build is otherwise very solid. i love this bike. oh, and i originally ordered a white, but then it didn't get shipped, and when i called to inquire, a replacement was sent but in black. either one is pretty sharp-looking. oh, and the one inch to standover didn't seem relevant to me. i ride a 54cm road bike, and i got a 54cm uno, and it's all good. give'r.

·
Registered
501 Posts
oh, and the one inch to standover didn't seem relevant to me. i ride a 54cm road bike, and i got a 54cm uno, and it's all good. give'r.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I ride a 56 road and got a 56. Fits fine.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I too just bought an UNO, looking forward to the trails in Chico. its been raining all week... gonna be great riding weather!

Going to add my Tektro 200A levers to the bike.

Oh and my single speed died so I had to get e new one.

I'll post some picks later.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
roymiz said:
Looking to purchase the Uno....but stuck between size 58 & 61cm...
I'm 6'2, 37" cycling inseam w/ long arms...
Any advice from Uno owners appreciated...
thanks!

They run a bit small
I would get the 61cm if I were you

thanks
mike

·
Registered
174 Posts
tape?

How easy does the tape come off? Can it be reused?

:D Looking to add Tektro A200 levers :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.