Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure the shorts seemed plenty opaque at home in normal light but (no pun intended) while bent over a bike toiling under the noonday sun it is a different story altogether. Bad bad scene. Folks, get a hand mirror or ask a trusted friend before heading out in your favorite old cycling shorts tomorrow. Please.

BTW, would you tell a complete stranger his backside is on full display or what? I thought about it and then decided it best not to involve myself.

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
My best riding buddy has several pairs of shorts that he's too cheap to replace. Some of them are see-thru in the right light, and one of them is just designed / sewn so that the top of his crack is visible when his jersey rides up. I don't draft him if I can avoid it.

·
Burn baby, burn.
2,526 Posts
Got caught behind a guy with this problem just recently his were so see through that they left nothing to the imagination. In fact the only thing keeping these together was the seams and the only thing that protected his modesty was the fact that he had a pair of red underpants on underneath the knicks.

Amazingly this guy was wearing these in one of the big charity rides where of course there were hundreds of people riding with him. I can maybe excuse him if he is riding alone out in the countryside, but surely you would make sure you were wearing some decent knicks in this situation???

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
I have to cop to this one. Just this past weekend I became aware that my favorite pair of shorts had developed one hell of a run in the ass crack area, and they were about as see through as you can get.

Thankfully a friend told me, but it was at the beginning of a 75mile ride with about 1200 other people. Sorry folks, I know it's a big hairy ass.

·
Two scoops of inertia.
530 Posts
I've always disregarded that possibility but it's been a threat enough that I wear underwear with the shorts on. ouch by the way.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was guilty of this once

I didn't realize my favorite pair of shorts had become too worn. A good friend of mine was doing a 200 mile ride with me. Fairly early in the ride he told me he really didn't like the view when he was behind me. I threw those shorts away after the ride.

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,287 Posts
UltraRob said:
I didn't realize my favorite pair of shorts had become too worn. A good friend of mine was doing a 200 mile ride with me. Fairly early in the ride he told me he really didn't like the view when he was behind me.
200 miles? That's your ticket to wheelsuck the whole thing. :D

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Cruzer2424 said:
200 miles? That's your ticket to wheelsuck the whole thing. :D
Well, if you are riding with me, I don't care how worn your shorts are, I am not pulling for the whole ride. A few years ago, I was on a 120 mile ride with a group of guys, one of whom wore an old pair of shorts that ripped about 5 miles into the ride. Although we gave him a great deal of grief about the shorts he was wearing, we made sure that he took his turn at the front. When you are on a 120 mile ride on the flats into a headwind, there are no excuses for wheelsucking the whole thing.

·
I Type, Therefore I Am
1,842 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
I once spent an entire charity ride following a woman with the same problem:)
it didn't bother me a bit
One of the reasons Triathlon is a great sport. Train all summer in a chlorinated pool, wear that same swimsuit (that wasn't made for biking anyway) on the bike leg, etc. I think this is the real reason drafting is illegal. No one would ever pass the wimminz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.