Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and the guy there already waiting for the signal is on a new Specialized carbon of some sort -- I think a Roubaix variant. Very clean bike, it must have been his new toy.

The rider didn't look too quick and his attire wasn't very fast looking either..

Then I noticed -- his shiny new bike still had *both* the 'rear cassette spoke guard' AND the DOT/FAA/NTSB/CPSC safety reflectors clipped to the spokes.

I'm not sure if his upgraded tires were on backwards, but they may have been.

I bit my lip.

Did I do the right thing?

Written in jest... all use bikers gotta stick together... I just wanted to make fun of the "competition" here on the Cannondale board. It was kind of funny though <grin>.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
When I say 'crosswalk' don't be misled -- it's really a signaled crossing where our dedicated bike path crosses a divided road. Pretty nice, actually. We get our own light, and bike sensors and a button to push and everything.

·
Superstar
419 Posts
AceyMan said:
...and the guy there already waiting for the signal is on a new Specialized carbon of some sort -- I think a Roubaix variant. Very clean bike, it must have been his new toy.

The rider didn't look too quick and his attire wasn't very fast looking either..

Then I noticed -- his shiny new bike still had *both* the 'rear cassette spoke guard' AND the DOT/FAA/NTSB/CPSC safety reflectors clipped to the spokes.

I'm not sure if his upgraded tires were on backwards, but they may have been.

I bit my lip.

Did I do the right thing?

Written in jest... all use bikers gotta stick together... I just wanted to make fun of the "competition" here on the Cannondale board. It was kind of funny though <grin>.
It sounds like cycling snobbery. If he enjoys riding thats all that matters, right?

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
I just about died from shock when I saw a pimped out Cannondale in a shop with no less than 10 reflectors and a dork disk. Amazing that a race level bike would be seen with those on there. Esp when they'll be removed in seconds after purchasing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not really sure what this proves. Prior to riding my cannondale, I pedaled a tarmac. Both very sweet bikes.

I like to consider myself a fairly fit rider, but i have been blown out before by dudes on bikes most folks would laugh at. I think I would have more respect for a guy like this.

The people who make me laugh the most are those on super sweet bikes, that suck wind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts