Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An indoor trainer, that is. I live in a condo complex with some really nasty neighbors, so a quiet version is required. Even riding in my garage, I'm worried about noise issues. Is there anything out there that's really, really quiet? Also, I've heard that there are trainer-specific tires that are quieter. Any truth to this?

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions. I'm a schoolteacher and with summer approaching (and, some spare time) I'm really looking for the next few months to get back into riding.

Robert

· Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but in my VERY small garage, a trainer would fit better, and be safer - I've tried rollers before and not done well. I've considered that Kirk Kinetic trainer with the side to side motion, but I don't know if its quiet enough.

Robert

· Registered
114 Posts
aptivaboy said:
Yes, but in my VERY small garage, a trainer would fit better, and be safer - I've tried rollers before and not done well. I've considered that Kirk Kinetic trainer with the side to side motion, but I don't know if its quiet enough.

Robert
I have it The Rock and Roll it is very quite and the best trainer I have ever been on.

· This space for sale
789 Posts
I can only speak for my trainer which is just a basic mag unit, but the noisy part is changing gears. Its really not that loud that I'd expect complaints from neighbors, especially if you watch tv or listen to music and they don't complain about that.

· Squirrel Hunter
3,854 Posts
P90x

aptivaboy said:
...I live in a condo complex with some really nasty neighbors...
Get yourself an upper body and beat the crap out of them.

Otherwise I would recommend you revisit rollers and learn how to ride them properly. A mat of some sort under the rollers or a trainer may help with the noise too.

· Registered
20 Posts
Why are your neighbors so nasty? If I were you I would deal with that issue first. You have no obligation to tiptoe around to meet their needs. Find something reasonable and if they can't deal with it, too bad. Not as if you are blasting Black Sabbath tunes at 4 in the morning or anything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.