Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rise & Shine!!

I hit the bathroom for a morning pee, look down as I begin and my glasses slide off my face towards the bowl. Ack!! I instinctively grab for them, fumbling to keep them from splashdown, in the meantime I'm peeing all over everything in front of me; toilet, wall, etc. Classy. :thumbsup:

Next up - walk outside to ride to work, look at my car and think "Thats weird, I guess I didn't close my door all the way...". Walk over to see sh*t strewn around the inside of the car. Uh oh. Cleaned out. No iPod Nano for me anymore. They also folded down my backseats and unloaded 4-5 good size boxes of my dad's personal stuff that I had just taken out of storage. Really? You're taking boxes of files and family photos? **** ***. They obviously had time to do all this and I never heard a thing.

So I ride to work all pissed off, then get stuffed by a chick in a SUV passing me then hitting the brakes to make a right turn, I almost rear-ended her. I rode around the driver's side and her window was open so I gave her a nice friendly "Good morning!!" (or something like that), and notice she's giggling with her hand up to her mouth like "OMG I almost like totally killed that guy! LOL".

Long inhale....then let it all go....

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
since you're on a roll, go play the lottery.

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
wow. fabulous.

my day got predicted at about 11:45 yesterday when the wife calls and says "i need to go to the hospital". she's been throwing up etc for about three days now and not keeping a damn thing down. fun! so, we go, get her on an IV, and the labs come back on bloodwork. she's got rotovirus. excelent. time to go home and sterilize the house.

she got 2 liters of IV, and several large doses of anti-nausea stuff, plus some pain meds.

best part: medivac nurse friend of ours says that the 18 month old will likely get it and yes, it is a trip back to the ER for her. time will tell.

time to go scrub all bathrooms with bleach.

now, where's my respirator?

·
Collin's Dad
1,858 Posts
Yikes, that's a crappy way to start the day, sorry to hear about losing the stuff of your dad's from storage.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Creakyknees said:
dang, it's the Dad stuff that would hurt the most. sorry man.
Any sensitive info in those files, HW? Stuff leading to identity theft, etc?

Sorry..

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
Hollywood said:
Rise & Shine!!

Long inhale....then let it all go....
damn that sux major donkey nad....

the one bright spot I can gather is that since it was morning, you probably didn't pee all over your fancy tassled loafers.... feet you can wash, tassled loafers...not so much

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
I was going to say something smart-ass about moving out of 818, but I'm too upset about your dad's stuff. WTF?

Sorry, man.

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
phil. said:
Isn't one of the standard vaccinations rotovirus? Wouldn't that protect your 18mo?
dunno. we're up to date on all of them. she did just get off some other drugs for a sinus infection/bronchitis, so she might be covered.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
That really sucks about your father's stuff. :( The bathroom story did make me smile, however. Been there, done that.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
That's a real drag. Look around the neighborhood in nearby dumpsters for the boxes of personal photos and papers. In the smash and grab they likely threw whatever they could carry into the back seat, possibly going through it all just far enough away from your house to not rouse suspicion, and stuff that was worthless to them got thrown into a convenient dumpster. Total bummer.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
thinkcooper said:
In the smash and grab they likely threw whatever they could carry into the back seat, possibly going through it all just far enough away from your house to not rouse suspicion, and stuff that was worthless to them got thrown into a convenient dumpster. Total bummer.
Unless they are HW's stalker and are right now looking through the info naked. NTTAWWT.

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
Argh.

I will go punch a puppy on your behalf.

On the bright side, it can't get much worse from here, right? Unless you suddenly becomes that friend of the guy who had a bike accident and watch his testicle unravel in front of his face. Then, that would be worse.

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
Sorry to hear about it. That sucks.

Maybe you need a morning routine like this:
<object height="344" width="425"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rt-ZE3OtKH0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>
I woke up around ten o'clock in the morning
I gave myself a stretch up, a morning yawn and
Went to the bathroom to wash up
Put some soap on my face and my hand upon a cup, said
Mirror mirror on the wall
Who is the top choice of them all
there was a rumble tumble, five minutes it lasted
the mirror said, "You are you conceited bastard!"
Well that true, that why we never had no beef
THen I washed off the soap and brushed the gold teeth
Used oil of olay cause my skin gets pail
and then I grabbed the file for my finger nails
I'm true to the style on my behalf
I put the bubbles in the tub so I could take a bubble bath
Clean, dry, was my, body and hair
I threw on my brand new Gucci underwear
For all the girls I might take home
I got the Johnson's Baby Powder and the Polo Cologne
Fresh dress, like a million bucks,
put on the Bally shoes and the fly green socks.
Stepped out the house stopped short, oh no
Went back in I forgot my Kangol

Can't match the bathroom story, but I did once start my day by dropping my cell phone into my cup of coffee.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts