·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
grasso e lento
116 Posts
Awesome purchase

That is the only way to go these days..... How do you like it so far?

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Welcome to the Apple club LFR! Good choice. Specs please, specs please.
Cheers, Wayne

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
seriously awesome so far

*Dude* said:
That is the only way to go these days..... How do you like it so far?
currently getting everything all up to speed. Since I'm all special and have XP pro install discs, I've got myself hooked up with the Bootcamp beta and I'm gonna run dual OS. Once I get everything merged over, I'm gonna craigslist the homebuilt POS I got taking up space on my desktop plus my craptacular Toshiba laptop. I got the ginormous MacBook Pro, so I'm gonna use it as a desktop replacement.

Pardon my messy desk (and yea right now I'm just ripping CDs and surfing the net) ran Bootcamp but I still gotta do a ton of updates to Tiger before I run the XP install.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,401 Posts
What are you going to do when they have to change the name to Orange ???

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nah

mohair_chair said:
The upside-down apple is the international sign of distress
that's merely my lameo attempt at being all artistical with my 50mm f/1.8 by shooting the partially closed lid of my laptop at full aperture in available light.

:D

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wayneanneli said:
Specs please, specs please.
Hi Wayne. It's the upscale MacBook Pro; i.e. 2Ghz Core Duo Intel processor, 1 gig memory, 100g hard drive. Seriously expensive, so far seriously worth it. Especially with the release of the Boot Camp software to run dual OS.

To you apple purists; I wouldn't profane my new machine with Windoze all except all my training and photography software is (currently) windoze based.

I've been waffling about buying a Powerbook for four months. Yesterday's announcement was the rock that tipped the landslide.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
so pretty soon you'll just refer to your PC

(if you still have one) as your big dumb sick and slow Mac

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh man and check this out!!!

this is totally awesome. I knew the keyboard had a backlight but I didn't realise it was so thoroughly excellent looking!

eat your hearts out.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
lonefrontranger said:
Hi Wayne. It's the upscale MacBook Pro; i.e. 2Ghz Core Duo Intel processor, 1 gig memory, 100g hard drive. Seriously expensive, so far seriously worth it. Especially with the release of the Boot Camp software to run dual OS.

To you apple purists; I wouldn't profane my new machine with Windoze all except all my training and photography software is (currently) windoze based.

I've been waffling about buying a Powerbook for four months. Yesterday's announcement was the rock that tipped the landslide.

Nice stuff LFR. My desktop is a PowerMac G5 and I'm considering gettting a MacBook Pro next year (I use these purchases as deductions for my company :)). Lots of Apple users on this side of the Atlantic. Yes, it was big news yesterday...
Cheers, Wayne

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
lonefrontranger said:
this is totally awesome. I knew the keyboard had a backlight but I didn't realise it was so thoroughly excellent looking!

eat your hearts out.
Oh wow, that keyboard is incredible - just like its owner ;)

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
lonefrontranger said:

once you leave the dark side there is no going back....welcome to the club......

Leopard I believe is scheduled for Fall release and bootcamp will be part of it.......

Not sure if letting the Microsoft cess pool of Viruses have access to the box is such a good thing but for people on the fence this will push them over......

last night, late, bored and playing with my new 100 f/2.8 Macro.....ISO 3600

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
svend said:
once you leave the dark side there is no going back....welcome to the club......

Leopard I believe is scheduled for Fall release and bootcamp will be part of it.......

Not sure if letting the Microsoft cess pool of Viruses have access to the box is such a good thing but for people on the fence this will push them over......

last night, late, bored and playing with my new 100 f/2.8 Macro.....ISO 3600
Microsoft...they will assimilate you. Resistance is futile--even if you're on a Mac! ;)

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
shawndoggy said:
now all you need to do is get linux running on that bad boy and you'll be a total anarchist!
Isn't the new MacOS basically Linux already? Plus LFR doesn't need a triple boot machine!

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
My favorite image of a brand new mac laptop, five mintues out of the box. Notice the shrinkwrap in the background. We spent a lot of dosh on this sexy beast for my business partner, a programming visionary, the father of Poser. He's also the same guy that created the technology for the first Coca Polar Bear TV commercials, helped prototype the video layering system for George Miller when he was dreaming about making the first Babe movie.

We opened the box, plugged it in, started it up, and boom. Error code 11

Switch.

Yeah, we shoulda hit it with a switch, or better yet a baseball bat. PCLOAD LETTER my A$$!

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
thinkcooper said:
My favorite image of a brand new mac laptop, five mintues out of the box. Notice the shrinkwrap in the background. We spent a lot of dosh on this sexy beast for my business partner, a programming visionary, the father of Poser. He's also the same guy that created the technology for the first Coca Polar Bear TV commercials, helped prototype the video layering system for George Miller when he was dreaming about making the first Babe movie.

We opened the box, plugged it in, and boom. Error code 11

Switch.

Yeah, we shoulda hit it with a switch, or better yet a baseball bat. PCLOAD LETTER my A$$!
oohh...the dreaded bomb--time for the 3 finger salute to restart it. I remember doing that a lot in my Power PC days.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts