Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Motorator
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh what once was, will not be. Yet still, the wind whispers, the waves roll in and and sigh as they touch the hot, dry sand, but she who was once there with me shall be lost forever, never to return. Shall I be sad, or shall I take a deep breath and feel life as it moves and breathes and carries on.

·
OUTLAW BIKER
463 Posts
Chief Pontiac.... RIP
The Goat, JUDGE...
What were they thinking?
Wide track...
A childhood lost

·
Motorator
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Leopold Porkstacker said:
Oh, I get it, Pontanic. Yeah, *yawn* sorry to see you go. I really wanted an Aztek. LOL!
Honda's new hybrid Insight, from the rear, looks more like an Aztek than anything else I've seen. So maybe you're in luck.

·
Motorator
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The car is from 1956 - it's a special custom built design they created to be shown in auto shows called a Pontiac Club de Mer, and I like it too.

Here's another special Pontiac that never made it to the showroom - it was made in 1961 and sure looks like a 63 Stingray from above....

·
Banned
19,737 Posts

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
My first car (hand me down from parents) was a 1970 Pontiac Catalina. Faded yellow paint. I still occasionally have dreams about that POS breaking down and stranding me.

·
"El Bwana"
4,399 Posts
In 1976, my high school buddy paid $600 for a '67 Firebird convertible with a 400 cu.in. engine. He put in a 4 bbl and damn did we have fun that summer. At the height of the '79/80 gas crisis, he offered to sell it to me for $800.

I turned it down. I had to pay for college.

"I swear I found the key to the universe in the engine of an old parked car."

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
At least they had some cool muscle cars back in teh day...

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
Three deuces and a four speed, right?

And a 389.

Pontiac being cool predates me -- new Ponchos in my time have been over-plasticked, underpowered creations hit one too many times with the ugly stick.

But there was a day when I had a '68 Firebird 400. I never did get a decent coat of paint on it, and I drove it ONE time with the original 4-wheel drum brakes. That was downright scary. If I didn't get clobbered upside the head with a good dose of sense I would've sank the money that I instead spent on wallowing about in college for a few years on that car.

In the end that would've gotten a better return. Whodathunk?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts