Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
How does Radar cope with snow? Does it ever get so deep he's buried in it?

·
Rep *****.
9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
snapdragen said:
How does Radar cope with snow? Does it ever get so deep he's buried in it?
He loves the snow until it gets over his head.
We often get 2 foot dumps and he disappears into it. Looks like bugs bunny tunneling around.

·
nothing
120 Posts
Sorry to hear about the snow. We just started getting some warm weather about two weeks ago, but now we are getting rain about every three days. I hope you get the good weather soon!

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
It doesn't look like we'll be doing any riding soon here in northern Sweden either. We're supposed to get 10 cm today, and it justs coming down right now. Big, fluffy flakes. Oh well, typical April weather :)
Cheers, Wayne

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
We just got done with one big storm and another on the way for the weekend. I just heard Mammoth Mountain Ski has 52 foot of snow and will be open until July 4th!! I think I'll be done skiing before then. Last week for us is April 23rd.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Heck, it's 60 degrees and raining here in armpitville (aka Louisville), I am sure a lot of you guys would love to have that over snow, but I think that I would take the snow.

Now, yesterday, yesterday was beautiful, about 65 degrees and sunny, first ride in short sleeves (unfortunately, only a 15 miler, as that was all the time I had to ride:mad: )

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
We have something quite frightening here in Sillycon Valley - it's big and blue, with this bright yellow orb shining away. I'm scared.......:eek:

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
snapdragen said:
We have something quite frightening here in Sillycon Valley - it's big and blue, with this bright yellow orb shining away. I'm scared.......:eek:

Don't worry snap, I'll protect all us Bay Dwellers. A little later on today I'm gonna shoot at the orb to scare it and make it go away.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
snapdragen said:
Having consulted the various Farmers Almanacs, scientology pamphlets lying around my office, and a corgi: It means get out on your bike.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
lousylegs said:
Having consulted the various Farmers Almanacs, scientology pamphlets lying around my office, and a corgi: It means get out on your bike.
Sure - I'm stuck at work all day. :mad:

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
thinkcooper said:
Don't worry snap, I'll protect all us Bay Dwellers. A little later on today I'm gonna shoot at the orb to scare it and make it go away.
Wait 'til I get home - about 4:30. I left my umbrella in the car.....

·
Soul Mining
382 Posts
wayneanneli said:
It doesn't look like we'll be doing any riding soon here in northern Sweden either.

Hmmm. And I left Birmingham, UK and returned to Victoria, BC partly because I was sick of the miserable British climate. Right now in balmy BC the sun's peeking out for the third day straight! It's bibshorts and short sleeve jersey weather here...

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
The The said:
Hmmm. And I left Birmingham, UK and returned to Victoria, BC partly because I was sick of the miserable British climate. Right now in balmy BC the sun's peeking out for the third day straight! It's bibshorts and short sleeve jersey weather here...
If it makes you feel any better, it's still snowing here :mad:

·
Soul Mining
382 Posts
wayneanneli said:
If it makes you feel any better, it's still snowing here :mad:
I left the UK in part because of the weather, but It seems my complaints were somewhat unfounded. We never saw snow like that in Birmingham during the coldest month of the year!

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
Ridgetop said:
We just got done with one big storm and another on the way for the weekend. I just heard Mammoth Mountain Ski has 52 foot of snow and will be open until July 4th!! I think I'll be done skiing before then. Last week for us is April 23rd.

@$%#^%$# I have to work this weekend.....

79 inches of fresh snow out of this last storm bringing Mammoth to an all-time snowfall record of 638 inches for the season thus far. With a base of 20-22 feet they will easily be open until July 4th......sometimes I really really hate the fact that work gets in the way of life

1 - 18 of 18 Posts