1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
520 Posts
i think the design, graphically, is a notch above most stuff. i read a review somewhere of one of the two models that was sort of neutral, didn't make me want to go out of my way for one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
When I initially posted about this, there was mention it was another 'chinese frame' company. They were actually designed by Sonny Lim. There have been a lot of images showing the bike in the windtunnel, so it looks like they actually did do some research on it. I thought they were a bit too similar to the orca though.

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
I have a bunch of NP sails- if their bikes have as wide a range as their sails, and are of equal quality, might be interesting....

·
Registered
432 Posts
Has anyone heard anymore about these bikes? I just found out I won one...haven't heard yet if it'll be the Alize or the Diablo yet, but I figure either one will be pretty cool. I'm hoping (and assuming) it's a nice step up from my old Spec Allez. Anymore feedback out there?

·
Registered
44 Posts
seemana said:
Has anyone heard anymore about these bikes? I just found out I won one...haven't heard yet if it'll be the Alize or the Diablo yet, but I figure either one will be pretty cool. I'm hoping (and assuming) it's a nice step up from my old Spec Allez. Anymore feedback out there?
Both are great bikes and will be a big step from your Allez. They are really well designed and made bikes. Enjoy whichever you end up with and congrats!

I've put quite a few miles on my Alize since I last posted and am still very pleased with it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I just found out this morning that it'll be a Diablo! I can't believe I actually won something! I'm not the strongest rider out there that's for sure, but I'll post up my thoughts on it once I have a chance to ride it. With the amount of snow we have though, that won't be until at least May.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Following up from my previous post. I won a Diablo in a contest Neil Pryde ran over the winter. It was one of the bikes that a group of guys rode across Australia...so used. That said, it's new to me and I was (and still am) very excited.

Got the bike all cleaned up and have ridden it a handful of times. My previous bike was a Specialized Allez with SRAM Rival shifters/derailleurs, a Force crankset, and a Neuvation M28 wheelset. That said, I can't really compare this new bike to any other carbon frames.

So far though, I have been very impressed. The bike weighs in at just a hair over 16 lbs with my old 105 pedals. The frame feels plenty stiff to me, without being at all harsh. I definitely feel like I'm faster on this bike and have some confirmation of that based on my time to complete the same routes I've always ridden. Climbing has definitely improved as well, especially when out of the saddle.

My only complaint is one of personal preference...I'm not a big fan of the Ultegra setup. I plan to swap the components with the Rival shifters/derailleurs & Force crank I was running on the Allez. Other than that, I have zero complaints.

I'll post up some pictures tonight. If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts