Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to ASO's own stated "reasons" for excluding Astana from the 2008 Tour, I would assume that they will need to exclude the following teams from the 2009 Tour to be consistant - I believe it's more embarrasing toward ASO to have teams get caught at the tour that was supposed to be clean.

So NO 2009 TDF for:
Credit Agricole
Scott-American Beef
Liquigas
Who every takes over for Barloworld

Michael

·
Lurkaholic
347 Posts
hopefully not the marshalls to stupid / lazy / incompetent to remove or mark all the possible hazards like the the road sign Sven Krauss crashed into.

·
Registered
39 Posts
No, they have to ban CSC, the rule is the previous years winner has to be kept out so the anointed contenders have a better shot at the title.

I bet dollars to doughnuts whatever teams Levi and/or Contador find themselves on next year will also be not invited.

·
Banned
608 Posts
KMan said:
Due to ASO's own stated "reasons" for excluding Astana from the 2008 Tour, I would assume that they will need to exclude the following teams from the 2009 Tour to be consistant - I believe it's more embarrasing toward ASO to have teams get caught at the tour that was supposed to be clean.

So NO 2009 TDF for:
Credit Agricole
Scott-American Beef
Liquigas
Who every takes over for Barloworld

Michael
Get over it. Astana was not invited. The next time a team has massive doping scandals two years in a row then hires the Pope of Dope to run the team but still gets invited then you'll have something to complain about.

·
Bea Arthur's Army of Evil
236 Posts
Under ACrookedSky said:
Get over it. Astana was not invited. The next time a team has massive doping scandals two years in a row then hires the Pope of Dope to run the team but still gets invited then you'll have something to complain about.

They hired Dr. Fuentes?!?!
Dude, get your nicknames right. Fuentes is the "Pope of Dope", Bruyneel is "The Hog".

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Under ACrookedSky said:
Get over it. Astana was not invited.
Get over it :confused5:
This thread is more about ASO and their reasoning or self implied rules they applied on a team - just to point out that according to their own reasoning, that the listed teams will not be invited in 2009.....for the same reasons they used in 2008.

Michael

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I kinda like the scenary when watching 4 1/2 hours of 16 MPH riding. And, yes ASO are the biggest hypocrites in sport, and thats saying alot! They let known doping teams in, including one led by a doper who won the thing on dope, and kept Astana out for no good reason at all. Only the name was the same. The OP is right, how can argue with that?

·
Registered
525 Posts
That is CA's first positive. They will be safe next year. Just like Rabobank and Cofidis were able to gain entry this year after their positives in '07.

Liquigas is on a little thinner ice with their signing of Basso. They might get in if Basso agrees not to race the Tour.

Scott may be in trouble for next year's Tour. That is two years in a row (Mayo in '07 and Ricco/Piepoli this year) that they have had riders booted from the race. I would put their chances at 25% next year.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
thebadger said:
Liquigas is on a little thinner ice with their signing of Basso. They might get in if Basso agrees not to race the Tour.
Why? Basso supspension will be over. Never caught cheating/doping.

Just admitted/confessed to attempted doping.

He paid his dues. Now he has the right to ride and should get invited.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
thebadger said:
Scott may be in trouble for next year's Tour. That is two years in a row (Mayo in '07 and Ricco/Piepoli this year) that they have had riders booted from the race. I would put their chances at 25% next year.
Accordihg to ASO reasoning, SCOTT should be banned for next year. 2 riders this year and mayo the year before. Also Mayo linked to OP.

Good buy SCOTT...Maybe the T of C as well.

·
Registered
525 Posts
DIRT BOY said:
Why? Basso supspension will be over. Never caught cheating/doping.

Just admitted/confessed to attempted doping.

He paid his dues. Now he has the right to ride and should get invited.
I agree completely. I like Basso and would like to see him back in the Tour. But, you know how ASO can be. If they feel you disgraced them in the past, they quite possibly could decide to punish you... at least for a year.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Vladimir Gusev was released from Astana recently for suspicious test results from their in-house testing program. I hope this shows ASO that Astana is doing everything possible to show they aren't the same team as in the past.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.