Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Have you ever worn a leisure suit?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have ever own or worn a liesure suit? Polyester bell bottoms? Fess up.

·
imbasilical moreon
1,873 Posts
Kram59 said:
How many of you have ever own or worn a liesure suit? Polyester bell bottoms? Fess up.
....... yes, Bill Blass '74 .... had the pointy lapels too .... it was the shizzle ...
but it was wool, i didn't believe in killin those little polyesters for dress clothes, only bike shorts and thermal undies

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Kram59 said:
as a kid. brown. big lapels on the off-white ruffled shirt and a clip-on tie. cowboy boots.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Me. I had several. The only one in my class in high school who wore one for his senior picture. yeah, I was THAT cool :rolleyes:

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Kram59 said:
I had a sa-weet Angel's Flight suit that was the hit of the Bell Jr. High dances. That combined with my flowing locks, beautifully tanned skin, and puka shells should have made me quite a hit with the junior high chicas. Should have. :rolleyes:

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Sheesh, even my dad didn't wear those, although some of his shirts were defnitly plasticky. It's all a misty recollection of bad TV images, suit-wise.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
Kram59 said:
Own my Dad's, wear it to our friends Disco bong parties. Powder blue and it is the shiznit....I always get some when I wear it..........except when i grow a 'stash to really be in character, then it's just Manuela who digs me....if I was a bigger man I'd post a pic but, well, if I ever run for office......

·
Rock the Mullet!
305 Posts
Heck Yeah!!!

Kram59 said:
Of course, I was only about 11 years old so I didn't know any better.... :rolleyes:

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Dad had a tan leisure suit.

I am proud to say, I've never worn polyester bell bottoms.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You haven't lived, babe;)

·
I'm not like anyone else
1,796 Posts
Heck... I still have mine.

Electric blue and tan with wide bells. Ruffled shirts and some with really wide collars. All poly. First class!

Had to finally ditch the platforms because they dragged on the road in the turns and couldn't mount cleats on them.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
No #&$%in' way--I was into my cowboy drag phase then (safely pre-Brokeback, thank gawd), until Travolta screwed that up, too, with that "Urban Cowboy" rubbish. I gave up on style at that point, and simply became the slob I am today.

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
No on the suit, but I still have one pair of polyester bells

Found 'em in a box of stuff in the garage the other day, the worst kind of grab-your-leg-hair, hold-in-the-sweat polyester wi-i-i-i-de leg bell bottoms. Bought them in 1969 right after I got home from Vietnam. The accompanying floral-print Qiana shirt sadly has been lost.
Who knew polyester shrank in storage, though? I tried to put them on, and they've apparently lost about six inches in the waist.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Wow.. had I even been born then (born in '89) and worn one before (as far as I know, liesure suits are somewhat reminisce of a unitard..), I'm not sure if I'd be admitting to it here; but then again, I shave my legs and wear spandex :)

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Amazing how that happens! I, at one time, swore that I "would never wear
straight legged pants again!" If anyone sees me in bell bottoms now, please put me out of my misery! I must admit, though, that I had several
prs
of "navy bell bottom jeans" that I wore until they fell apart. Most comfortable pr of jeans-ever.​

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Intruder Alert! Intruder Alert!

Newbie to NCD....oops, sorry, I mean The Lounge :rolleyes:

Someone hold J's back so he doesn't propose marrige and scare the guy off.

llvllatt said:
Wow.. had I even been born then (born in '89) and worn one before (as far as I know, liesure suits are somewhat reminisce of a unitard..), I'm not sure if I'd be admitting to it here; but then again, I shave my legs and wear spandex :)

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
snapdragen said:
Newbie to NCD....oops, sorry, I mean The Lounge :rolleyes:

Someone hold J's back so he doesn't propose marrige and scare the guy off.
Don't hold J's back, you moreon, the new guy has to pass The Rites to earn some Lounge Credibility Status. Didn't you read the guidelines? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts