Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
So I have a twin brother, and we are supposed to like the same things and laugh at
the same jokes, right? We do pretty well at that.
So, how can I get this guy back into cycling. He owns a 1986 Guercuotti (spelling?) - Campy SR with a race type front-end.
Never rides it does he, lazy he is not, workout lifting weights he does (I feel like frickin Yoda here, Luke, use your feelings and feel the force,
Complete the training! ):rolleyes: : He has a lot of time on his hands and likes working with his hands.

For myself, after getting the new hardware I was sold. Pedalling on a nice cycle is like
riding a magic carpet. Maybe after seeing all I spent, scared him away. He is not shy about spending the dineros.
After telling him I need a 4th bike (Titanium) I think the United Nations
conference broke down, one stubborn bastard. Maybe Mom dropped one of us on our noggin when we were young, hope it was not me.:D
Anybody ever try to get others off their duffs?:confused:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Road cyclist said:
Anybody ever try to get others off their duffs?:confused:
Ask him point blank, "What would it take for you to ride your bike with me for a mile or two?" Ask him that question every week until he caves and rides, or tells you to drop it.

If you push too much you just harden their stance. I speak from experience with 3 siblings.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,873 Posts
you figure it out and let me know...I have been trying to get my wife off the couch and on a bike for 10 years....she insists that she gets PLENTY of exercise....yeah right, that explains the extra 40 pounds...Don't get me wrong I love her the way she is, but for HER health's sake....(VERY STRONG family history of heart and coronary disease on both sides of her family).....I mean really........

·
Registered
137 Posts
You can't change people. Stop nagging him and accept him for who he is, regardless of if that means riding his bike or not. It's his life, not yours!

·
Banned
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe, but he owns the gun, and has the bullets. He just doesn't want to fire it
anymore. Once, he got hit while riding by a car in an intersection. I was 50 ft back. I almost
punched the idiot out. Perfectly visible, low traffic condtion, driver had his head up
his arse. Recently, I told bro, get a nice bike and ride in the early morning. No dice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I finally got my dad on a bike after nagging him for a year about it. He was running 3-4 miles a day and it was killing his knees. I ended up haveing to 'loan' him my bike (which luckily fit him) for a month. I used this as an excuse to buy a new bike and now he's really into it. You just have to find the thing that will give him a little nudge.

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
Road cyclist said:
Maybe, but he owns the gun, and has the bullets. He just doesn't want to fire it
anymore. Once, he got hit while riding by a car in an intersection. I was 50 ft back. I almost
punched the idiot out. Perfectly visible, low traffic condtion, driver had his head up
his arse. Recently, I told bro, get a nice bike and ride in the early morning. No dice.
I was like that after my motorcycle crash... Some people just dont like to get hit by cars...
Go Figure?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts