Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lousylegs said:
They just announced plans to build this in downtown Louisville.

Personally, I think it is one of the greatest architectural mistakes around.

Should by called the Fugly Center.
I kinda like it...

·
Registered
5,627 Posts

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Not nice

My first impression was, "That building is giving me the finger".

Who's the architect?

·
gazing from the shadows
27,209 Posts
What the heck is the thing off the side? It looks like a mining conveyor belt.

Without that it might not be bad, but it is hard to tell without seeing all sides and seeing it in the location. Kinda lego spaceportish though.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
lets_ride said:
But are they gonna have guides to get you where you need to go in there? I'm guessing the maze of elevators and stairs that results will cause a lot of confusion.
don't know, it is going to have condos, a luxury hotel, lofts, office space, etc, even part of the University of Louisville.

I just hope that I cannot see it from my hick little town 7 miles up stream, talk about ruining the sight there. At least I will still have my neighbors trailer to remind me of reality.

I think it looks like some sort of post-acapalytic thing.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:
My first impression was, "That building is giving me the finger".

Who's the architect?
Joshua Prince-Ramus

Office for Metropolitan Architecture in New York City

ever hear of them?

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lousylegs said:
I thought it looked like dominos being stacked. And yes, the mine conveyor belt thing is strange.

The other thing is that it fits with nothing else in the area, and will pretty much stand alone on the edge of the othe other big bulding around down town. It will be right on the river front (well, pretty much). They were showing computer images last night of what it would look like with time lapse photography and the only time it looked even slightly nice was at night when you could barely see any of it.
Well it is ultra-modern--definately wouldn't fit well with traditional architecture, but I think it's a cool concept. Musta been a hell of an engineering exercise.

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
I like it

But are they gonna have guides to get you where you need to go in there? I'm guessing the maze of elevators and stairs that results will cause a lot of confusion.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
dr hoo said:
What the heck is the thing off the side? It looks like a mining conveyor belt.

Without that it might not be bad, but it is hard to tell without seeing all sides and seeing it in the location. Kinda lego spaceportish though.
I thought it looked like dominos being stacked. And yes, the mine conveyor belt thing is strange.

The other thing is that it fits with nothing else in the area, and will pretty much stand alone on the edge of the othe other big bulding around down town. It will be right on the river front (well, pretty much). They were showing computer images last night of what it would look like with time lapse photography and the only time it looked even slightly nice was at night when you could barely see any of it.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Oma

lousylegs said:
Joshua Prince-Ramus

Office for Metropolitan Architecture in New York City

ever hear of them?
Is Rem Koolhaas' firm.

What's the site like?

·
Motorator
4,166 Posts
lousylegs said:

It looks like it's going to be a real easy target for a pilot to find from the air.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:
Is Rem Koolhaas' firm.

What's the site like?
next the new Ali center that just opened up (that is supposed to be nice).

Does not fit any of the areas. Just on the edge of down town, starting to get into the rundown old warehouse area. Looks like giant meat dog took a big [email protected] to me.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
I don't really like the diagonal thingy at the left side, but otherwise it's fine by me. It's a bit different from the usual phallus type things. Check out what they dumped on my hometown:

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
Well it is ultra-modern--definately wouldn't fit well with traditional architecture, but I think it's a cool concept. Musta been a hell of an engineering exercise.
that is true, now the question is about if they will actually build it.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rogger said:
I don't really like the diagonal thingy at the left side, but otherwise it's fine by me. It's a bit different from the usual phallus type things. Check out what they dumped on my hometown:
guessing the diagonal thingy is a structural support and that the strange design couldn't happen without it.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
rogger said:
Louisville already has probably one of the most phalic building around.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
lousylegs said:
Louisville already has probably one of the most phalic building around.
My phallus is more phallic than yours. Naananananaaanaah!

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
lousylegs said:
It's all in how you use it, Moreon.
When you hear that crapola you know what time it is, buddy. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts