Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Already did the deal a month or so ago, but am curious if (or how badly) I got $crewed. Hopefully I have enough info here to get an educated reply.

For $375 (asking price $425), I bought a 1997 Cannondale Silk Road 500 off Craigslist, RSX STI brake levers and shifters, Dura-ace RD, Altegra FD, Bontrager crank, all a bit dated but in fine shape, Mavic wheels, Shimano 600 breaks. The cassette and chain were both a bit warn so I replaced them with off the shelf parts, nothing special ($50 max for both). Bike is a 7 speed with two chainrings. The bike and seat both fit and are comfortable so far on my 20-25 mile rides. Don't slam me but I got measured at the LBS and took the measurements to Craigslist.

Someone here commented that the SR500 was "a rare find". This one has a few scratches, no dents, no creaks when pumping up a hill.

What do you think? :thumbsup: or :mad2:

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Sounds like it was a build from left over parts the seller had. You did fine, enjoy. Post a pic up of your bike.:)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kuma601 said:
Sounds like it was a build from left over parts the seller had. You did fine, enjoy. Post a pic up of your bike.:)

Thanks. I've been trying to post pics but can't seem to take a pic that this web site will accept, either too big or too wide or too tall. Still working on it, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts