Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cesar Chavez's birthday.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I do!

Except it's not because of Chavez. Unfortunately, my "weekends" change every week.

Friday...it's the "other" Sunday.

Brooks K.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
I do, but I've had enough latin america protests to celebrate for other reasons. Heading to Jackson California for the Pardee Party. 100km of possible rain showers, wild flowers, wet bike clothes, and hopefully a lot of wine tasting. If it's raining too much. . .then lots, and lots, and lots of wine tasting.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've got friends going to Pardee Party - it's going to be glorious.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
I'm hoping for the glorious without the scarey puffy rain guy. I'm a very wimpy fair weather rider who can barely handle some snow showers or quick summer mistings. I like the smiley happy sunshine guy. But, one way or the other we're going to make a party of it.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Good Friday morning Snap!
No holiday today in Sweden, but we do have Name days. Each day is dedicated to a different name, the person with that name can celebrate it in some way, usually by getting a card from family members, are a phone call to wish them well, something small that does not usually involve money or buying presents. Today's name is Ester. Unfortunately, Snapdragen (or your real name, which btw I know...hehehe ;)) was nowhere to be found in the Swedish calendar. Sorry about that.
On another note, Anneli mixed up the dates this morning and thought it was April Fool's Day. Of course, I fell for it hook, line and sinker until I looked at the calendar behind her and figured it out. She told me that the Prime Minister was coming today to the university where she works, to her dept because he had heard about the special research she doing. Me, be the dutz that I am, said, "Really, you never said anything about this before. Wow, that's great honey." "Oh oh??". Tomorrow is revenge time...
Cheers, Wayne

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
No for Cesar

Yes for Casmir. Have you all heard of Casmir Pulaski? Casmir Pulaski day is a holiday in IL.

I think they had to pike a Polish dude, and Casmir was the first one that popped into anybody's head.

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:
Yes for Casmir. Have you all heard of Casmir Pulaski? Casmir Pulaski day is a holiday in IL.

I think they had to pike a Polish dude, and Casmir was the first one that popped into anybody's head.

Day off, what the hell is that....I had to round at 630am today, now I'm in clinic until 2, then I will be in the ER until midnight. I'm off on sat. have a surprise 50th party to go to, and then back in the ER for 15 hours on Sunday.........I hate my life sometimes, OH, and my wife is pissed off at me cause she'll hardly see me this weekend.

·
Registered
520 Posts
That sounds like some resident hours to me. UCMC definitly has the day off, you have got to love working for the state.

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Yup

Spring break starts at 2:20pm today. I'm off Saturday and Sunday, as well as the entire week next week. However, it's going to be a busy week.

I have a MD appt. on Monday and after that I'm going to do some data entry stuff for my computer inept realtor friend. I'm working for my old doc on Tuesday and Wednesday to earn some extra cash, then taking off early Thursday morning with the new boy to do some hiking on the AT before coming back Friday afternoon/evening so he can go to work. I do still have to go to class on Monday and Wednesday evenings, though.

·
Pixie Sticks and Politics
716 Posts
Tomorrow Off

But I work from 6p to 6a tonight. Wake up at around 11a tomorrow and boil crawfish with friends.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Not off, but who cares??

I just got 33 miles in glorious sunshine, 60f temps, light winds, and a TAILWIND COMING HOME FER CRISSAKES! It REALLY doesn't get much better than that. Now I'll go to work with a big f'n smile on my face:D

·
Pixie Sticks and Politics
716 Posts
Better than me. Last two days have been 30 miles each, but a tailwind going out and a headwind coming in!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts