Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have two bikes. An '03 Cannondale R2000 and an '05 Cannondale Scalpel. Just came from the motorcycle show in DC and am getting the itch to add to the two wheel collection. Who else also rides motorcycles??

(BTW - Fell in lust with the MV Agusta Brutale).

·
Government Mule
1,326 Posts
BTW the Vincent is only a pipe dream because it was a rarely seen speed legend back in my day; which was many moons ago. Please listen to the tune about the Vincent Black Lightning. It is just as important as reading the manual from the license branch.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Yamaha R6. Those MV's look nice. :D

·
Government Mule
1,326 Posts
1975 Honda CB 550 tangerine, and a Yamaha Razz slugrocket. Have owned other bikes, Norton, BSA, Ducati and my first a Zundapp.

·
Government Mule
1,326 Posts
thinkcooper said:
1997 CBR1100XX. I've had it up to 184 (confirmed by gps!).
Be careful lest u suffer from chest concavity as do I. The upright position on my old bikes were also responsible for inflicting permanent dimpilization on my back!

·
Registered
797 Posts
I want a motorcycle so bad,,,, but there is no way I could ever afford one.
However, I'd like to have a Harly Soft-tail,, or I'd settle for a Honda Reble.

·
Government Mule
1,326 Posts
Visitor302 said:
I want a motorcycle so bad,,,, but there is no way I could ever afford one.
However, I'd like to have a Harly Soft-tail,, or I'd settle for a Honda Reble.
What about something in between!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Actuly, around here a used Rebel can be picked up fairly cheeply, but I don't even have the coin for that, even before i got laid off,, and now..................

·
Juanmoretime
2,201 Posts
My baby!

2000 FXST. With about $20,000 in chrome and performance parts over the cost of the motorcycle. It will do mean burn outs and wheelies.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
stevee said:
BTW the Vincent is only a pipe dream because it was a rarely seen speed legend back in my day; which was many moons ago. Please listen to the tune about the Vincent Black Lightning. It is just as important as reading the manual from the license branch.
Steve, we've got a local rider on a Black Shadow. Sure is great to see the bike, in day to day use.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
2004 Triumph Bonneville

newridr said:
Have two bikes. An '03 Cannondale R2000 and an '05 Cannondale Scalpel. Just came from the motorcycle show in DC and am getting the itch to add to the two wheel collection. Who else also rides motorcycles??

(BTW - Fell in lust with the MV Agusta Brutale).
I sure love the new retro Ducatis.

·
Government Mule
1,326 Posts
Visitor I hope u feather out. I've seen some *****in rebels but Honda is a little to proud on the price for a new 250.

Hey Jaun Chrome won't getcha home! Just kiddin, nice bike!

Coop, saw a Shadow at a shop here in Indy once and it was ratty. Got a tape of the Vincent TV special. Hate to admit that I'm strapped into checkin Rockford Files info daily hopin to catch the episode where Robert Blake rides a vintage Hollywood Shadow to investigate a motorcycle gang for Rockford. There's prolly an easier way to get there.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Cl350...A classic

My moto ROCKS! except I don't have enough time for her anymore. I have this 1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler but I think I am going to have to sell her. I hate to do it but I don't have the time or money to finish restoring her. I love the bike though, the line is so sweet, straight not a sagging middle like some of the more modern bikes IMHO.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
zeytin said:
My moto ROCKS! except I don't have enough time for her anymore. I have this 1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler but I think I am going to have to sell her. I hate to do it but I don't have the time or money to finish restoring her. I love the bike though, the line is so sweet, straight not a sagging middle like some of the more modern bikes IMHO.
Very nice. I know what you mean about a lot of the modern bikes. The sport or naked bikes jam you up to the tank and the cruiser types are very low. They don't make many like your Scrambler any more. In fact, only Triumph is currently making a Scrambler. Honda should do it again. I think they would sell quite a few.

·
Government Mule
1,326 Posts
zeytin said:
Really looks good in the pic. Don't give it away unless its to me. Gotta watch those pipes!

·
Government Mule
1,326 Posts
thinkcooper said:
Steve, we've got a local rider on a Black Shadow. Sure is great to see the bike, in day to day use.
I use my 550 pretty much for personal trans when its too far to pedal. It had 17000K miles on the speedo when I bought it and now its at 35K. I get some kicks from former riders who are ten years younger than me telling about their bikes or experiences in that era.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts