Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I run a Wednesday night group ride. It brings out anywhere from a low of 10 to upwards of 30+ riders of various skills. Mix of tri and road bikes, mostly beginners.
For reference, it's a 13.5 mile loop in a newly urban partially rural neighborhood. Very scenic and shady which is important in Louisiana summers. No great riders as top speeds average no more than 26 with most of the group at abot 21. So two weeks ago, one crazy resident decides to take it upon himself to stop bikers. It starts with him putting glass shards all over the road to slash tires and aiming his rifle directly at one of our female riders. It gets crazier from there. Enjoy the read...

Alligator Bayou Cyclist troubles @ TigerDroppings.com

·
coaster
1,051 Posts
Nope, Breckenridge was just bestowed with a gold rating by the League of American Cyclists. Chin up though, your female cohort has a pretty good chance of suing for $$$$$$.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where is that and why? Did you read the posted forum and the craziness of that guy? I hope yours isnt worse. I shudder to think.

·
Ricardo Cabeza
19,503 Posts
I run a Wednesday night group ride. It brings out anywhere from a low of 10 to upwards of 30+ riders of various skills. Mix of tri and road bikes, mostly beginners.
For reference, it's a 13.5 mile loop in a newly urban partially rural neighborhood. Very scenic and shady which is important in Louisiana summers. No great riders as top speeds average no more than 26 with most of the group at abot 21. So two weeks ago, one crazy resident decides to take it upon himself to stop bikers. It starts with him putting glass shards all over the road to slash tires and aiming his rifle directly at one of our female riders. It gets crazier from there. Enjoy the read...

Alligator Bayou Cyclist troubles @ TigerDroppings.com
wow, lots of ignorance on BOTH sides in that thread.

I hate stupid ******** that **** with bikers just because and I hate stupid bikers that think they are god's gift. Stupid people just suck, generally.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm thankful every day to live where I live, in northern California. But, I'm sure there are a. Few crazy people here too.

·
Registered
12,085 Posts
This is why my choice loop is on unimportant roads and the farmers are used to slower moving farm machinery. I'm small and easy to pass.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
We have a gentleman up in Santiago Canyon off one of the side roads that is frequented by many groups who has posted a large sign on the front of his house. It reads "Death to All Cyclists". So far no action on his part but I think that is mostly because it has been reported to the media and the Sheriff's office. This is in sunny Southern California folks not some little town. This just shows me there are inbred moreons everywhere not just down south!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Wow, I'm from Sydney, Australia and this blew my mind! Thank god people here (club shooters and a few criminals aside) don't own guns! Not to get into the whole right to bear arms (Growl) BS but given the IQ of some of these guys do people really think it's such a great idea... Wow...

I had a magpie swoop me the other day making me want to ride the other side of the road if that counts for anything... Heads down and hurry up as magpie season is in full swoop

1 - 14 of 14 Posts