Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from our annual IPC (Inter-Professional Council) soccer tournament at Ohio State. We lost every game. Bad. We failed to score a single goal. :mad2:

I thought I was in good shape, no, great shape; been putting in plenty of quality miles in the saddle and eating like a champ. Wrong. I was winded ten minutes into the first game. There's something to be said of specificity of training

My legs feel like they received a brutal deep tissue massage followed by a round of hill repeats up Ventoux.

But....I had an absolute blast and was reminded of why I played in high school. I think I'll take tomorrow off, seeing as how it's my Birfday.

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
I could've sworn this was about the Arsenal match today. What a cluster**** Wenger put on today.

·
MTBR Member
2,908 Posts
BuckeyeBiker said:
But....I had an absolute blast and was reminded of why I played in high school. I think I'll take tomorrow off, seeing as how it's my Birfday.
Meh, does not sound like a total fail.

I played a season of hockey in which I did not win a single game. Being a goaltender, I was never bored, that's for sure, as my team made sure I got lots of shots every game. Constantly loosing can be challenging mentally, but you can still have a lot of fun playing.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rkj__ said:
Meh, does not sound like a total fail.

I played a season of hockey in which I did not win a single game. Being a goaltender, I was never bored, that's for sure, as my team made sure I got lots of shots every game. Constantly loosing can be challenging mentally, but you can still have a lot of fun playing.
Nah, not a total fail. It was fun playing with my classmates, you know, doing something other than optometry.

We were totally destroyed by one of the dental teams, though. Prior to the game their captain came up to us and told us that they needed to score thirteen goals to make it to the finals and not to be offended if they tried to "run up the score." We held them to eight, which was nice. I wasn't an anti-dentite before the game, but I'm considering it...

If one of those guys comes in to the clinic for an eye exam I just might consider dilating 'em with atropine instead of the standard tropicamide phenylephrine combo. :idea:

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
HTFU. Go get 'em next time...

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There'll be no next time. What we need is an IPC crit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts