Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*Shakespearian Voice*
"To be silly or not to be silly that is the question!!"

How many people out there wear silly/funny socks? I've been looking at the Team Estrogen Website, and they have some pretty funny socks there. Right now I only have ONE pair of Izumi Attack socks, and that can't be enough...ideas ideas..thoughts??

·
i like whiskey
8,405 Posts
DeFeet has a bunch of good one's as well

I've got every color under the rainbow. My favorite pairs are a black and orange pair with smiley faces on them, and a blue pair with a plumbers butt cracks one the back. I always get comments on both of them.

longscycle.com has lots of pairs of both DeFeet and Sockguy socks for like $4/pair. I order 6-8 pair from them a couple of times a year and have never had a problem with any of them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hahah...Plumber's Crack

Hahah..that's great!! Okay, you sold me on the plumber's crack...I've gotta get a pair of those...are there any specific brands or features to look out for?? oh and another good one I'm looking at.....(off of the Team Estrogen site)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Quisp

was my favorite cereal while I was a pup. I'm a proud owner of the jersey and socks. If you like 'em, wear 'em.

·
i like whiskey
8,405 Posts
They are all very similar

just make sure the socks are not cotton. They need to be a moisture wicking blend of some sort. Sock Guy, DeFeet, Lin, Pearl Izumi, Nike, Euros (?) are all basically the same, $10 a pair or so. Just find some that are on sale and you'll be fine.

check out longscycle.com like I mentioned before. They always have great deals on socks.

·
I am pedlfoot
205 Posts
Same here...

ScienceGuy said:
was my favorite cereal while I was a pup. I'm a proud owner of the jersey and socks. If you like 'em, wear 'em.
...I got the Quisp jersey last year and wore it to several rides.It always gets a great reaction.

·
Unrepentant Mountainbiker
624 Posts
Call me a freaky Eurotrash wannabe

But I like my socks to somehow match my jersey. I have a pair of white and orange 'el sol' socks that I wear with my Performance Egyptian Jersey. I have a pair of blue and white jester socks to go with my singletrackmind jester jersey, and I have a pair of black socks with red flames to go with my red jersey. All of my shorts are black because I don't want anyone to accuse me a being a FRED :D . I guess that my next step would be to color coordinate my gear with my bike.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
What, you're outfits DON'T match your bike!? Oh, the horror! Go out and buy a new bike or jerseys or bibs, pronto! Don't let anyone else know. You should be ashamed ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts