Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a solution to carrying more water on longer rides. I was looking at the Platypus Softbottle that collapses to almost nothing when empty. I was wondering if any have stuffed this bottle into a jersey pocket before, and if so, how did it work out?

I was looking at the 34 oz size but was unsure if it would fit into a jersey pocket and/or would it pull too much on the jersey. I have ridden with a 24 oz bottle in the back pocket and it was OK but made sure to use this bottle first to lighten the load.

THANKS

·
Registered
167 Posts
Works fine

I'll second what factory feel said. On longer road bike rides when I know I won't be able to get water until the end of the ride, I carry two bottles on the frame, and the 34 oz Platypus bottle in the middle pocket of my jersey. I find that it fits in there just fine, and have not found sagging to be an issue.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I use a camelback, 70oz. Smaller ones are available, and no hassle getting a drink. Form follows Function.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I use a camelback, 70oz. Smaller ones are available, and no hassle getting a drink. Form follows Function.
Osprey makes a really good small.pack that holds any size camelback. I have a set of tools, chain, ipod, pump, jacket in mine. I'm not a fan of any packs or restriction when I ride. This pack is comfortable. 100oz water immediately available for those long hot days too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts