Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am going to get a new road bike. My Cannondale R500 (think that's the model) makes me feel every bump in the road. I had a bad crash on my mountain bike a few years back and then another accident where I messed up my back (5 disks bad) but I have been on the road to recovery lately and want to get back into cycling.

I saw the review in bicycle mag about the softride bike and was wondering if any of you have one and which model and how much you like it. I don't particularly like the looks of it, but if it's easier on my back, that would be a good thing.

I don't want to spend over 5 grand. I am open to other suggestions for road bikes too. I'm thinking I need a triple since I'm pretty out of shape and like to ride in the hills of Malibu so I believe I'll be using all of the gears. haha So, comfort should come first given my condition. Sytling second...hey it's fun to climb on a great looking bike, :eek:), and then performance. I was almost to the intermediate level before I crashed to give you an idea of my experience. I would ride a few times a week for about 20 miles or so.

Thanks for your time and input. dhill

·
Registered
425 Posts
Softride

The bike will be VERY comfortable on your back if you are set up properly. It is hard to beat softride for comfort. The bike is also very fast. It is about as aero a bike as you will find. The down side is beam bouncing. Eventually, your pedal stroke will smooth out and the bouncing will go away but until then, it can be a bit annoying. No big deal though. If you can, test ride one. One ride will tell you if it is for you. I rode a Qualifier. Good bike overall.

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.