Straight or riser bars, maybe bullhorns
Able to take fairly wide tires, 700 X 35 or 26 X 1.5+
No deep V nonsense
No eccentric BB nonsense
No carbon fiber anything
Flipflop hub not necessary
Subtle paint and graphics
$850 max budget

I want this bike to be a no-nonsense, grab 'n go daily rider. I won't be pampering it, but I do take good care of my equipment. I place a high value on durability and low-maintenance.

I probably don't want to build up a frame and fork, but I'd be willing to in order to get what I want.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/links/pics, etc.

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
start searching for used if you dont want an aluminum frame (which will come with a carbon fork)

my 2009 spec tricross singlecross will do what you want to very well...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone ride a Swobo Del Norte? It's along the lines of what I'm looking for.

https://www.swobo.com/catalog/product_info_b.php?cPath=2448_2453&products_id=1079{1}4{2}1141

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave Hickey said:
Joe, look at the Phantom Cross Uno frame at Bike Island.... I built one up for my son for college....They sell the complete bike at BD.. The graphics are a little much for my taste..

Thanks Dave - that's got most of what I'm looking for, but I'm with ya on the graphics....

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts
Bianchi San Jose?

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
a bit of an odd combo of parts requirements... 700c doesn't really mix w/ v-brakes on the showroom floor. bullhorns and trail use/discs brakes, no. that said, flat a bar san jose works if you can live w/ cantis and no bullhorns. these things are easily changed, but at msrp $750 you might have to wait for a sale or up your budget to get exactly what you want. another option is the iro phoenix for ~500 (with prob the most subtle graphics out there), if caliper brakes aren't a dealkiller (clearance for 38s per spec).

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FatTireFred said:
a bit of an odd combo of parts requirements... 700c doesn't really mix w/ v-brakes on the showroom floor. bullhorns and trail use/discs brakes, no. that said, flat a bar san jose works if you can live w/ cantis and no bullhorns. these things are easily changed, but at msrp $750 you might have to wait for a sale or up your budget to get exactly what you want. another option is the iro phoenix for ~500 (with prob the most subtle graphics out there), if caliper brakes aren't a dealkiller (clearance for 38s per spec).

Thanks, Fred. I can probably live with cantis, and the rest of he spec looks pretty good. Love that tire clearance!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
singlespeedbuss said:
What size you looking for?

Also I checked out the San Jose. NIce bike. Not nuts about the rear brake cable location or its full-length housing, but it's otherwise nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts